Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfeild Mccoy Trails

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 05:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfeild Mccoy Trails

Hello peoples, im new to the board and new to ATVin me and a buddy of mine are planing a trip from southern maryland to H/M Trails. just wondering when is a good time to go, and other questions like can I tent off the trail? Fishing? websites that may help me plan a little better and best entrance which it seems like everyone likes the gilbert trail. suggestions of trails by numbers and anything a rider new to the trail should know.

Id be happy to join a group going down for our first time there.

thanks

Old 01-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Trailblazer

Welcome to ATVing , as far as I know you can not camp on the trails. We stayed at Twin Hollow campground in Gilbert just off the Browing Fork trail and easy access to Gillbert to ride in for supplies. The camp ground was great and the owners go out of there way to help you out. They have private bathrooms with showers and the also rent cabins. We road Pinnacle Creek the first day and then did Browning Fork the other 2 days with trips into Mann for lunch. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the trails.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

We were there in the end of August and it was a bit warm. We stayed at Linsay's Cozy rentals and they had a pool and a hot tub. Rented a three bedroom house for less than what we could stay at a hotel for. We will be going back to the same place again. It is located in Gilbert. We rode the browningfork trails 6 days and never got bored. Take the trails clockwise and take them counter clockwise the next day and it was like your on all new trails.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Range Rover

Im ready to go now where do you want to meet you can follow me LoL!! Just kidding i am going back down soon and have been trying to get somebody to tag along. Where are you from in maryland?, The twin Hollow camp ground is a++ i stay at the bottom of that hill in gilbert so when i go up on the trails i go right by twin Hollow the owners are very nice. Check out these two sight they are all you will need Trailsheaven.com , Quadcrew.com im a quadcrew member . Mr and MrsQ YOU WILL SEE THERE POST THEY STARTED QUADCREW.COM. They have been to hatfeild mccoy trails alot and know more than me. If you go to quadcrew look up shedman and look under his pics you will see some of my trips to h/m . I go down there about 4 times a year. You asked about what trails to ride ? do you like hills rocks, mud, Let me know i could recommend a few and recommend a few not to go on unless you really want a challenge. Let me know i will try and help out .

Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

Im thinking of going down jan 21st sat-sun

Old 01-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

well id love to meet up with a vet our first time there, yes we live in calvert county , we.d be glad to follow anyone down, BUT!! i may get some ribbin for this but we are fair weather ATVers lol. if it aint over 50 and sunny, im watching barney with the kiddies lol. j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. but we are looking for maybe april -may trips and on. as for trails he likes ones with more straight aways, places to get some speed, since his is a racing bike, i enjoy really wooded trails, some rocks but not enough to kill my tires and we both aint mud people. ill wait on the challegeing trails cause im not ready and his ATV aint built for it most likely

Old 01-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will definatly add the H/M trails to my list this year, everyone could use a good vacation. =]

Old 01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer

yea shedmen hit me up on when u plan on going, i prefer march on>>> lol.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Range Rover

Looks like march weather for this sat. in gilbert 60 degrees 50 on sunday cant beat that for jan.!! I hear its nice and muddy too i will have my new 27" mudlite xtrs on!

Old 01-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

yea we definitly are doing twin hollow cabins, ya this weekend the weather will be nice, we have a ride going on in southen md this weekend tho .

Quick Reply: Hatfeild Mccoy Trails