Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Western Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Western Maryland

I might be heading to Mt.Airy later on in the week. I'll let you know if i am and we'll go to the black trails. Haven't been there since last summer but it's ok riding. Nothing like Tower City in Pa. but it's ok little spot. Somthing to do ya know.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Range Rover
Default Western Maryland

i gotta buddy in mt airy and im down the street let me know when your goin down there!

Old 03-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Western Maryland

Bounce me a Pm or an e-mail next time your riding. I may be up for a drive. I ride past Mt Airy to get to Randelstown to ride some private land so I'm up for a drive through.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Range Rover
Default Western Maryland

i live in sykesville next to randallstown where do you ride?

Old 03-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Western Maryland

Hey Midget! Are ya ready to try out the tracks at Hancock?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Western Maryland

Yes I am .
BUT THIS WEEKEND I AM HEADING TO PA TO RIDE WITH ABOUT 15 .
BUT I WAS THERE TO CHECK IT OUT 2 WEEKS AGO.
I AM PLANING TO GET ANOTHER SPORT QUAD AND THAT IS THE
FIRST PLACE I AM GOING TO GO TO BRAK IT IN.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Western Maryland

Raptor350. To be honest I have no clue. We stoped buy a landscape place off 26 and that was the last I remember. Across 26 through a farm and through a hood into the woods. It s private land and my Brother in Law has been riding there with premission for years. I can only ride with him to keep from getting busted. Balt County cops are as bad as PG.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Western Maryland

Hey guys, not trying to bust any bubbles but the "tracks" are not a good idea. I know many people who have had their bikes and atvs taken from them for riding on and around the tracks out there. As for the WV thing, if your talking about crossing the potomac on 522 into WV from Hancock, that is legal to rid on. That 1 lane gravel road along the river is an awesome place to ride. I know some people who own land towards Paw Paw and we spend all summer up there thrashing. There are some private plots of land though so make sure to stay off of them if you can. You can also cross the river in certain sections and ride on the C&O Canal, although that is at your own risk!
Later

Old 03-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default Western Maryland

Yeah! The WV spot across the bridge on 522 is where we go. I think its great. Some friends from PawPaw took me to some trails off of the tracks up around Woodmont and past the Randolph Tunnel.
I rode 80+ miles that day and there was still alot of ground to cover. What area did you mean was not cool to ride? If you were talking about riding on the tracks, I agree. There is plenty to ride on the gravel road. I stay off the posted ground and private property. Too many other places that is safe.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Western Maryland

I was talking about the railroad tracks off of rt70 down by rt75. The cops get real crazy about chasing people down there sometimes and will even pose as normal riders to catch you. As far as 522 area goes, that place rocks!!!! I have been on soo many trails its not funny. They have also started to cut down on us about riding on some of the paved roads on top of the mountain towards PawPaw. I had one of our groups guys get pulled over and ticketed last summer for memorial day so be careful!!

Quick Reply: Western Maryland