Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ohio riders looking for place to ride? LOOK HERE

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohio riders looking for place to ride? LOOK HERE

Checking into getting a group of riders together that are interested in a group purchase on land to ride on. If anyone knows who has done this let me know. If you would be interested let me know. We have a group of riders in my town with no place to ride.
I have heard the churches are buying up land so why couldnt a bunch of riders form a club and pay a small monthly amount and when the land is paid for buy more or buy a dozer to work the land. Another plus is you can ride anytime year around. I realy think this will work. Power in numbers!!! If you think you cant afford it, just look how much you payed for payments on that quad? Alot of us wast more a month than it would cost.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

check out www.ohiomafiariders.com lots of local riders

Old 03-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: z400turbo
Checking into getting a group of riders together that are interested in a group purchase on land to ride on. If anyone knows who has done this let me know. If you would be interested let me know. We have a group of riders in my town with no place to ride.
I have heard the churches are buying up land so why couldnt a bunch of riders form a club and pay a small monthly amount and when the land is paid for buy more or buy a dozer to work the land. Another plus is you can ride anytime year around. I realy think this will work. Power in numbers!!! If you think you cant afford it, just look how much you payed for payments on that quad? Alot of us wast more a month than it would cost.
any place in galion to ride? i live in mount vernon ohio, about 45 minutes from you and nowhere here i can ride
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

We mostly let are quads sit and rot. We spend 7 grand or more on a quad and then wonder why we cant afford land. We not too smart. This is why I wanted to get this group together. I think it would work. I know I would gladly give $1000, and about $25 a month for 50 acres I can ride on anytime.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

just put that money into gas and come to ironton, i could take you on MILES and MILES of trails. either parts of wayne national(about 200miles of trails) or to abandonded goverment land. whats the problem in galion, were all the trails homey? sounds pretty sh*tty though.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thats great but isnt wayne closed in winter. we ride more in the winter. We ride all nite after snow storms somtimes till 2 am on holiday nights.
We figure if we own our own land we ride whenever we can. In the summer when wayne is open i cant get off work. in winter we are slow down to 4 days a week.
Whats this other place you ride? Pm me a phone number and a few of us would like to check it out this weekend. Thanks (419)468-5584 Dean

Old 03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: z400turbo
Thats great but isnt wayne closed in winter. we ride more in the winter. We ride all nite after snow storms somtimes till 2 am on holiday nights.
We figure if we own our own land we ride whenever we can. In the summer when wayne is open i cant get off work. in winter we are slow down to 4 days a week.
Whats this other place you ride? Pm me a phone number and a few of us would like to check it out this weekend. Thanks (419)468-5584 Dean
go to elsen street riding park open year around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] its 1 mile north of waynesville or 9 miles south of canton. just went last weekend its a blast!!

Old 03-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

the other place i'm talking about is actually two places side by side, only seperated by little black top and a creek.the land is on some private land but he doesnt mind riding, as long as you stay clear of land around his home, there are no paths even close, but ther always a few idiots who try to cut across his bridge instead of crossing the creek(in the winter only),its safer in the creek, i swear.the spots are called cement plant, and cold spot,they fall in between rt 141 and run down 52 east. you could ride when you want, pretty much as far as you want. there are some messed up trails here, but there are plenty of riders. you can run into 50 or so people on a nice day. alot of people just go to this big open field and drink beer and watch riders climb some STEEP hills, or roll back down.plenty of riding , with no cost. directions are as follows; going east bound on highway 52 the easiest access for you would be as soon as you go under the ashland bridge make the very first left and you will be pulling in to the cold spot. park your trailors on the right side of the road. from there you can see two trails, the one behind the cold spot(carry out next to it), is were you see alot of riders, and it will take you towards cement plant, which is were i come from. there are plenty of trails for free. if serious i ride almost every week end. holla.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought 12 acres for $30,000 with some wooded area and two large fields with winding hills. My friends and i have started trails. I am thinking of getting 15 riders to pay in to be part owners. Then we will finally have a place to ride.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Range Rover

mykool

I live in Columbus and ride Wayne quite often in the Nelsonville area. I was wandering if that cold spot was worth the drive from here compared to Wayne. I know exactly where it is, in fact I was by there today. I am a truck driver and was delivering in Huntigton today. I always see a ton of quads in that area and that parking area is always full of trailers. Also is it okay to camp there and what do you do about permission? I know you say the owner dosn't mind but the law says you have to have written permission. Thanks for any info.

Quick Reply: ohio riders looking for place to ride? LOOK HERE