Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Nothern Va(Virginia) riders sign up here:

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nothern Va(Virginia) riders sign up here:

Hey Guys,

I just picked up an '06 Bomb Outlander 800 today and am looking for places/people to ride with. I've got a bunch of friends with ATVs but they're all traveling to W.V., PA, and out of state to go riding. Anyone know of any decent places that are closer?? I've been out to Tasker's Gap (Edinburg, VA) but that's still a 2-hour hump from Stafford where I live. Any info or invites would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I bought my ATV used and it is missing the Owner's Manual. Anyone know how to switch the odo on my Bomb from kilometers to miles??

Old 05-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

Hey there...I'd be interested in hooking up with some riders in the NOVA area. I'm in Clifton with a Polaris 500 Sportsman and am always looking for a new spot to frequent. No trespassing signs arent a huge problem as long as theres no picture of a gun on the sign itself. I'm more into the technical riding as opposed to just hauling down a path as fast as possible. My unit has a winch, pushbars, bumpers, 2" lift, etc for most everything. Let me know about any rides being organized, i have a friend or two that I get together with two-three times a month to ride, mostly during the week as we're self employed and can usually arrange such rides....they'd be interested as well. All good guys, family oriented yet eager to get out for a breath of fresh air. Let me know! hdnvn@msn.com

Old 05-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

If anyone is interested, I'm going to Breezewood Proving Grounds this weekend. It's more for the MX guys, being it's a track, but it's still fun nevertheless. You can camp and they have showers and meals, etc...

Here's a link: Breezewood

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello All

Sign me up! I'm about 30 mins out of Manassas. (Goldvein Va) I ride a 04 Suzuki Z400. Always looking to ride new places and I have a few new places if anyone wanted.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Sign me in as well...I live in the Front Royal area and ride Taskers Gap as well as Greenridge in Md. Also take a June trip to Hatfield/McCoy each year and always looking to meet more Va. riders and see different trails!!

Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

Hey...this all sounds like a good thing, I'm in. Always looking for a new place to ride asa our ride spot in Northern Virginia is fast disappearing. Every time we go out theres another section gone. I have a Sporstman 500, have been riding about four years. All my friends are into the utility thing as well, a bunch of 800's. etc. most aall are Polaris. Ages range from 45 down to 35. Let me know....

Old 02-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, I Live in Purcellville and love to ride with you. I just bought an 06 Honda foreman to do the driveway with a snowplow in front of the Honda and that worked fine.
I don't have any experience so i am looking forward to ride with people with experience. I do however prefer the Sundays

Old 02-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello All

I have been talking with a about 6 or 7 people about going to Slades Park in Surry , VA on March 3rd 2007. It's about 2 or so hours from Fredricksburg, Va. Is anyone else instrested in going down. If so let me know. As far as trails around here does anyone have any good trails in this area, Front Royal, Mannasass,Fredricksburg, or within 2 hours.

Slades Park March 3rd

Old 02-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Trailblazer

I rode at the cove two weeks ago. It is extremely rocky so I hope you have good bead guards on your rims. I rode my 500 Cat with 12" of ground clearance and still managed to ding a front rim. My buddies were on a 700 Raptor a 660Raptor and a Kawi250 and they spent a great deal of time hung up on the rocks or trying to navigate around them. If you are 4x4 then I would say its an ok place to ride, but WATCH THOSE LARGE ROCKS. Some trails are nothing but rocks but beginning to end.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Stiz1,

How do you like Taskers Gap? I hear its real rocky. Have you ever ridden Michaux State Forest in Pa?

Quick Reply: Nothern Va(Virginia) riders sign up here: