Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any places for a weeks worth of riding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any places for a weeks worth of riding?

We are looking for places that have enough trails to keep us busy riding for a week without getting bored.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

hatfield mccoy? i know there's a place in southern IL that's like 2k acres... i rode for a day in southern indiana and didn't cross the same trail twice..

Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

So on this whole continent there seems to be only1 possibly 2 places that have enough area for a weeks ride?

Old 03-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well see idk that's only in my area( somwhat) i don't really know of alot of places to ride across the country..

Old 03-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for your info Speedy. Was hoping more would chime in from places near or that they have been.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have done many many miles around Park Falls WI, on my dirtbike. Also Dunbar has many trails, but my favorite area is a little north of Newburry Michigan in the UP. right along lake Superior, easily ride for a week and not cross the same path twice. I have done it all on my motorcycle but I did meet alot of atv's as well.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

Three main places to ride that fit your requirments. First Colorado. Specificaly Taylor Park area. I have been there 3 times and we always run abought 100 miles a day or more. We always stay for 5-8 days and have not even touched the tip of the iceburg. If you look at a map the area is centered just west of Buena Vista. It covers all the ground between Hyway 50 (Gunison) all the way up to Hyway 82(Aspen) and east to Hyway 24(Buena Vista). There are literaly thousands of miles of trails in this area. There are more areas in Colorado that are simaler one being the Lake City area(Alpine Loop). I have never been there but it is suposed to be big. The other area that comes to mind is the Piute Trail system in Utah. It is HUGE. There is a main Loop that is a 300 mile trail and the entire inside of the loop is spiderwebed with trails. More than you could touch in a month let alone a week. Tehn there is Moab Utah. I dont know how big this area is but it is a real popular place to ride. Then there is Hatfeild Mc Coy Trails in West Vergina. Big but not as big as the Taylor Park area in Colorado or Piute in Utah.

For more info on the places in Colorado go to ATVQUADSQUAD.COM and look threw the pics of Taylor Park and read threw the Rockymountain Rockhoppers section. Or ATVCOLORADO.COM. For Utah go to ATVUTAH.COM.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes indeed!!! I have friends that live in Buenna Vista Co, your right! taylor area is the best of the best, I have weeks of riding all throu out that whole area, most of it on a Honda XR 650 enduro, one of my favorites is TinCup pass right out of taylor park. Tons of old mining towns and miles of trails. Another great ride is Engineer Pass coming out of Lake City, some of the best scenery I have ever seen,, some of the trails your on it feels like your doing something illegal because there is not a soul in sight for miles and the countryside is so beautiful it just seems like your doing something wrong!

Old 03-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. Have checked into H/M in West Virgina a bit but did not know CO had that much riding area, have looked a little at one of those links so far. Do you know what weater is like there early to mid September in CO?

Old 03-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Perfect weather in my opinon, you are likely to see snow in the higher elevations,, probably mid 50-60' degrees,, cold early as always in the mountains.

Quick Reply: Any places for a weeks worth of riding?