Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

First ride at Brimstone - TN

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First ride at Brimstone - TN

Got in our first real ride at Brimstone Recreation last Sunday.

GREAT PLACE! We put in over 50 miles of wide open trails, tight woods trails, rocks, mud and a few hillclimbs that we chickened out on. Lots of trails that branch off of trails that branch off of others - one of those places where you can ride there over and over and never follow the same trail twice. The main trail (trail #1) runs north/south directly through the middle of the area and most trails will join up with it, so if it's getting late in the day all you have to do is find your way back to trail #1 and you can head out fast.

The trails are not all numbered yet so it's pretty easy to get lost but they're working on getting that done. All in all one of those perfect riding days. Spent $50 for an anual pass - would have gladly paid $50 just for that day.

We were on two 4wd utilitys and one 2wd. Nobody got stuck although only some creative rocking by my son on his Ozark got him through the first big mudhole on trail 1. Found a nice overlook on the south end where we could see familiar landmarks over on the Royal Blue property as well as the windmills over at Coal Creek.

It's located in Huntsville, TN. web page here: www.Brimstonerecreation.com

Jaybee

Old 04-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound cool! A group of us guys are hading out that way for a week of riding primarily at Windrock in late August- would you suggest that we check that place out too or will we have enough riding at Windrock to last us like 4 days?

Matt

Old 04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've riden both and either one will keep you busy for four days. The types of trails are similar in both places. The biggest difference will be in the number of riders and how that affects trail conditions. It's not unusual for there ot be hundreds of riders at Windrock/Coal Creek. On the same day Brimstone will likely have dozens. Both areas are about the same size. Can't go wrong on either although Coal Creek is $5 a day or $30 a season more expensive.

Jaybee

Old 05-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Jaybee! Thanks so much for the recommendation! The reason we are doing this is for riders like you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Come back in and see me. We have a new plasma tv with the capability to go into the exact trail you want to ride and look at it. Come by and check it out! We will also in the future keep updates on the trails after we get all the signs up. Hope you have a great day!

Brimstone Belle =)

Old 05-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Jaybee, post a ride report on the Brimstone forum when you get a chance, and give me a holler sometime you want the"dime" tour of the place, I promise to take you on the easy stuff......LOL

Old 05-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

bump