Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

idaho riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idaho riding

there is some great riding in idaho. everything from dessert sand dunes to high country mountain trails and roads. when it gets hot in august we can find some high elevation place where it is way cooler than down in the valley.i know of a 11 day ride you can do through most of central idaho that will blow you away.i do alot of over night trips and have several trips documented with miles,places for gas,lakes, were to camp and how lone it will take. moutain riding rules in this sport just like snowmobiling

Old 05-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default idaho riding

We took a trip to Idaho last summer for a family reunion, and did some riding to. We rode in southern Idaho near Murphy's Spring. We rode on what they call the island. We rode from Murphy's spring Idaho to Jarbidge, Nevada. In Jarbidge we ate at the Outdoor Inn and met a couple riding a Yamaha Grizzly with a trailer. They had started at Lake Tahoe and were riding across Nevada and Idaho until they came to the welcome to Wyoming sign. We also rode in the Sawtooth National Forest near the South Fork of the Boise. When Iwas a kid we came to Idaho to ride every summer, but I hadn't been in ten years. Up at the South fork of the Boise we always rode this road till we got to a gate that was always closed. This year it was open and we rode all the way back to a working Gold mine. We met the man who ran it. He said his grandfather had started the mine. He also said that the Forest Service wanted to close the road and mine.He was a really nice guy, I believe his mine was called the Gold Mountain mine. Anyways it was very beautiful country, and we met some nice and interesting people. I have a few pictures of the trip at http://www.msnusers.com/blasterpics/shoebox.msnw

Old 05-10-2006, 01:50 AM
LW
Trailblazer
Default idaho riding

I'm glad you were able to visit Idaho. We have a lot of cool areas to ride & play with other a few restrictions. I hope come back and ride again. If you get a chance next time, ride the Silver City - War Eagle area on the west side and then play over at St. Anthony Dunes on the east side.