Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Old Farts Unite....OK/KS/AR

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Farts Unite....OK/KS/AR

I live in OK(NE, Tulsa area)...I am 42 and married(to a great woman, but who has no interest in riding) and have a daughter
who is 19 and rides with me infrequently...She just broke up with her boyfriend of 4 years who rode my sport bikes
with me all the time, but now I am "banned" from riding with him because he is a "jerk"(of course he
was a great guy in the 4 years they were together, but I digress)...My friends that are my age or older
like to ride like snails(utilities)....Are there any 35-45 year old plus guys out there that like to ride like 20 year
olds on sport bikes(I have two warriors w/ mods)? I'm not talking daredevil activities, but definitely like to tear
up the trails(be they sand, dirt, rock, whatever)...I love agressive riding all day long, but can find anybody my age
who shares that feeling or has that ability...This is a plea to my fellow "old farts"/ "empty nesters" in Oklahoma/Kansas/Arkansas...
I am just looking for a group of similar minded people who are also looking for people to ride with...I'm afraid if I can't find
anybody along these lines I( am just gonna sell my bikes and find something else to occupy my time)...That would really suck!!!
I have played golf and mens slowpitch softball for years, but neither compare to riding....
This (riding) has turned into one of my favorite things I have ever done in my life, but as everyone knows, it sucks and is dangerous to
do it alone.....Surely in a three state area there are other people like myself who feel the same way!!! Even if you aren't from this part of the
country, sound off and be heard......I don't want this post to sound like a "personals ad"(I am a happily married man), but damn it's hard to find
people like myself to ride with.......Old farts unite!!!!!! Get this thread going.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

I hear ya, I am 36 and have hard time finding people to ride with and I don't mind travelling to ride either as long as I have some sort of notice.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Before you go ride at Prague lake in oklahoma, let me save you a trip. There shutting it down as of 5-25-06.... Man that was a really fun place to ride..... I live in KS and would drive down to ride with a friend of mine. Before all the rain came you could really ride the river.... Just thought I would let you know about the closer of prague lake. That would suck to drive there and find out there shut down. Thats the third spot thats closed down.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am 41 and have been riding for less than a year. I have a 55 year old friend that has been riding his dirt bike with his 30 year old son for years. He is every bit as fast as his son.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like to trail ride, take a look at some of my pics. We do the family thing, but also do the all guy thing. We dont ride sand just trails. We ride an hour south of Muskogee in the mountains. Pm me if you are interested. When summer hits, we taper off on the riding and resume right after deer season. From then till May, we ride almost every weekend.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Trailblazer

Just thought I would revive this thread and see if there are any
newbies looking for people to ride with...I am still riding every weekend and
scrounging to get my "riding" friends actually out to ride...I have met
alot of people who say they ride all the time, but haven't really seen them do
it...I guess "all the time" means once every 4-6 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ; Real riders unite!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

I'm 33 gonna be at Chadwick for thanksgiving. Anyways have you heard of the Rebel Ouylaws there from OK I think. Heres a link to there site
Rebel Outlaws

Old 11-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

4wheel4food
Well I wish I was close to you I will not say my age most people thing I am nuts but I love riding and you can look at my web site or picture page here and see what I am doing. I drive for 3 days just to ride but can't get anyone who will ride with me or go on vacation. I am trying to buy some land in Utah now and when the days comes I own some mountain land I will be building a third home for vacation time and retirement hehe.
I race in a senior club now but the old guys have hay puller bikes so not much of a race when I am on the 700 raptor or yfz 450 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I will be in Utah last week in april and first 2 weeks in may for so riding time on the big P trail

PS: Don't sell your bikes you are better then that don't let it get you down my friend keep riding.