Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !

Polariseator, you may not be aware of this, but you and I are not the type of rider the HMT was designed for. You should not be surprised that it does not appeal to you personally. It is one thing to go for an evening ride in your own back yard. It is quite another to load your family and gear into a huge RV and travel 500 miles to ride. When you have a family on the road with all of your gear and machines you have to be responsible. Nobody should come that far to have a bad experience.

You have failed to mention to these people what happens when there is an accident on some of those "free trails". Those trails are changed constantly at the will and pleasure of local industry. Getting help is a little more complicated when you have a serious injury, its getting dark and noone knows how to explain where they are...once they ride back to civilization to find help. Traveling families should stay on the HMT systems for this reason if no others.

You should be tickled pink that anybody would be willing to load up their two kids and spouse and drive their RV to places like Pineville, Gilbert or even Logan, WV. Give it a rest.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

Hey there Polariseater,

I hear what you're saying about all the free riding down that way but do you know of any areas further up in WVa? I live over in central Maryland and do alot of playin in Wva but traveling all the way down to southern WVa is a pretty long haul. Do ya know any good riding up near tha panhandel or near Elkins?

Old 06-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Amphib
Hey there Polariseater,

I hear what you're saying about all the free riding down that way but do you know of any areas further up in WVa? I live over in central Maryland and do alot of playin in Wva but traveling all the way down to southern WVa is a pretty long haul. Do ya know any good riding up near tha panhandel or near Elkins?
I don't know if this will help or anything ... but, about a month ago we drove across Rt 50 to try as an alternate to coming back home from OH and when we were near Erwin there must have been 30 ATV's at a little country store in the middle of nowhere. )In case you don't know, Rt 50 runs through a small portion of Maryland) Those guys looked like they have been riding around there forever and we going up and down the paved road with no concerns of it's legality, so it may be excepted there. ** If anyone on here rides up that way let me know ** ... we would love to go up there also. Would love to get up with some of those guys. I would have got some names, but was being rushed ... haha

Old 06-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

They might have been riding at a place called the Alleghey Lodge off of Rt. 50 near place called New Creek. Its a pay to ride place. Although I haven't been there I've read some good stuff about it on "ATVPathfinder.com . The only places in Md. are out near Deep Creek Lake and abourt 20 miles east of Cumberland at a place called Green Ridge State Forest. Nice but small. It has a 18 mile loop. Just a trail and not anything challenging. Heck, I'll take what I can get though. I've done alot of hiking / camping in WVa. and there's so much geat potential. Guess I'm envious of y'all down near Wagon Wheels. Thanks for the info and good ridin.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:49 AM
Trailblazer

I hear ya, DEFIB you are correct. But there is still a lot of us who don't have the money to pay $40.00 a night to pitch a tent and $20 a day to ride. When just across the mountain I can pitch a tent and ride for free. Again, I do agree with what you are saying. Amphib, the only places I know of any closer is at Beckley,WV. But that is'nt much closer. SORRY & GOOD LUCK ! ! !

Old 06-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

hello everyone
humm??? how much does it cost?
well ill never get to go anyway lol,
things cost money people ,and i know i dont know anything about it but,everyone should be
happy if they got to ride there for free. people need revenue,at least they still can ride there
and it isn't off limits,or shut down completly!!
money is tight these days,and getting worse enjoy it while you can i suppose
(outside piont of view)

well happy riding people--jason

Old 06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Last I heard HMT would cost about $75 a person for the weekend, I assume he ment 3 days, not sure.

Its all about the freedom, say no to HMT!!

Old 06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

The area around the wagon wheel and the hilltop do get rowdy after the sun goes down. Watched the same drunk wreck twice coming down the same hill, each crash within 200ft of each other and no less than 1 min between. Lucky there were no injuries. So be extremely careful out there, it helps out for all of us that share the free trails

Old 06-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

hello people
$75 ?? a week end!!
yea if that is so i can see the anger in people thats just too damn much
sounds like cowsaki found a hat or mc coy!! lol

Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quick Reply: Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !