Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hatfeild Trails are a RIP OFF ! ! !

If you only go once a year, it is a $37.00 fee for a 7 day pass. That isn't outrageous. I suppose it gets expensive if you have a large family, but certainly not as much as a trip to Disney or the like.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everybody on this site all to be thankful for what ever they got, weather it be free or not
and $37 for 3-7 days is cheap (out of state). Just got back from there 9 atvers went all had ablast ready too go again. So what ever your taste just be safe and have fun

Old 08-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

I love going down to HMT It is $79 a year for us I seen where they are going to change the rates for next year to $47 a year it will be even better making the trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

man that would be great sign me up

Old 08-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't taken my time to read all of the post on this subject but i am willing to voice my opinion on the matter lol. We just came from riding the HMT Pinnacle Creek trail head last weekend. While we were there eating lunch one day at The Pinnacle Creek Campground we ran into an old timer from the area he began telling us the same story Polariseater was how all the HMT trails used to be free and all also telling us about Wagon Wheel. He gave us some directions on how to get there (like 3 different ways) not being from the area and not really knowing if we were going to get in any trouble riding on the paved roads other than to the HMT trails we decided to take the HMT trail 23 over to the access point. Of the 3 days we were at HMT we only saw maybe 5 or 6 quads within just a few miles of riding wagon wheel we saw probaly 30 or 40 atvs . Seemed to be some really cool trails there too we only rode back down there probably 4 or 5 miles crossed 3 creeks would have liked to have rode more but my friend and i were on BF 650's and only had about 3 bars left on gas so we thought would be better to head back to the camp site. Also one of our friends got hurt early saturday mourning going up Pinnacle creek rd (just rolled the atv) he ended up just spraining his ankle and getting some road rash but he was off at a Hospital in Welch* After they got back we were telling them about Wagon Wheel and they had heard all about Wagon Wheel as well from the hospital they talked to numerous people from around the area saying basically the same thing that Polariseater said but also saying how many people have got killed there over the years. This brings me to my opinion I beleive HMT is a good idea we all feel "safe" riding there for the most part. I will not ride my atv with out a helmet just don't feel comfortable ya know...and the fact that HMT enforces that is a good thing. Drinking on the trails while i admit i enjoy having a beer or two around a campfire with my friends but beer and atving don't mix...just the same as drinking and driving...from what my friends heard of Wagon Wheel is that it's not so much that the trials are dangerous but that the "other person" is what you have to worry about basically i could be riding and be completly safe and but if i meet somebody who has been drinking i could wind up dead. Thats not my idea of a fun weekend lol!!! However we are planning another trip up to Pineville and this time we will probably ride Wagon Wheel cause it does seem to be pretty cool place.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I really don't care what it cost the cost is no that big of a deal to me. I just like to have a place I can go and get away for the weekend and ride free or not it is just a nice place to go. Like you said some rules are required to keep things in order,and I don't see any rules that are really out of question to ask of riders.