Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MINNESOTA

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MINNESOTA

Looking for a nice place to camp and ride without trailering from camp. Either camping or cabins. Can be in either MN or Wisconsin. Anyone with experience getting a spot that is not booked up for the whole summer?

Old 06-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default MINNESOTA

we have a cabin in aitkin(30 mi north of Mil Lacs lake) that is on blind lake. across the lake there is probably 150 mi of trails to ride on. they range from dirt rodes that are nice for smooth riding to massive mudholes and trails with non stop mud. across the lake there is a campground that opened up about a year ago. it is not that busy during the summer and you can ride youre 4wheeler from the campground to the trails. the beginning of the trails are only about .5 mi from the campground. its a nice place to ride and the campground is nice. i forgot the name of the campground but i will post it later. you can also rent a boat because the campground is right on the lake. it might seem like a long drive for camping and wheeling but it is defenitly worth it. we go riding on the trails every time we go to our cabin and you can go on them for hours and hours and not get bored. check it out if you want to but if you dont you will miss out

Old 06-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default MINNESOTA

Thanks!! Sounds great. I will look into it. I drive about that far to our cabin, but there is limited riding and no AC in the cabin yet. The RV has AC, so I am looking for places for the summer months to ride.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default MINNESOTA

Holy smokes,

Roofer is alive. Long time no see man. How's the back doing?

As soon as I find some time to ride, we'll have to get out.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default MINNESOTA

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
Holy smokes,

Roofer is alive. Long time no see man. How's the back doing?

As soon as I find some time to ride, we'll have to get out.
My back is back to 100% or better. I feel real well. Thanks for asking. It's good to hear from you. I added you to my buddy list on this site, but not sure how it works. We'll have to get together for a ride sometime. How's scrammy doin? Heard from Kurt or anyone lately? I am getting back into atving again and I really miss it. The new suspension on the brute helps out also. Not sure if I can keep up with you guys yet, but my riding skills are coming back strong but a little slow. My email has changed also, not sure if I sent you an email lately or not.
Later

Old 06-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Range Rover
Default MINNESOTA

Chevelle454, do you recall what the name of the trail system is or what park or forest it is in? Sounds like a great place to check out. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default MINNESOTA

Scrammy, now known as Preddyfast, is doing good. They've had several events for their club out of Mankato. You should come down for one sometime. I'd be more than happy to put you up for the weekend.

I personally, am debating on trading the DS in for the new Suzuki 450R, or going in a completely different direction and going for a Suzuki Boulevard M109R.

Shoot me an e-mail @ lone_eagle7mm@hotmail.com so we can get a ride set up.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default MINNESOTA

I don't know alot about sport machines, but the 450R sounds awesome from what I have read. Light and powerful. If I was looking though I would look at the new Kawi 450. It will have reverse and I'm sure it will be faster than the Zuki, mainly because it is newer, but Kawi's are always faster. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I'll email you sometime and maybe get something going. This month is already packed for me, so it would be awhile.

I looked at the trails Chevelle454 talks about on the map. It looks like snomobile trails mostly, but I don't know for sure. I would like to know more about it also.

St. Croix State Forest also looks nice and somewhat close. I have been on them before and they were nice trails through the woods with little mud.

I am going for a short ride on Sat. at the cabin. It supposed to be kinda cool, so it should be nice.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default MINNESOTA

The trails are for snowmobiles and atvs but they only say they are for snowmobiles on the map. when you drive to the gate in front of the trail it says it is for both also. another trail you can check out is called red top. it's in isle mn and its a nice trail. you can find out more about the red top trail at the minnesota dnr website. i am going to my cabin on friday and i am coming back sunday so i will take some pics of the trails and the campground for you. I will post them on my page you can create or i will just get your e-mail address and send them to you. I will also get the name of the campground, trail and the campgrounds #.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default MINNESOTA

Originally posted by: Chevelle454
The trails are for snowmobiles and atvs but they only say they are for snowmobiles on the map. when you drive to the gate in front of the trail it says it is for both also. another trail you can check out is called red top. it's in isle mn and its a nice trail. you can find out more about the red top trail at the minnesota dnr website. i am going to my cabin on friday and i am coming back sunday so i will take some pics of the trails and the campground for you. I will post them on my page you can create or i will just get your e-mail address and send them to you. I will also get the name of the campground, trail and the campgrounds #.
Thank You very much!

It will be greatly appreciated.

jwool779@hughes.net

Quick Reply: MINNESOTA