Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kentucky lake LBL

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kentucky lake LBL

We are headed there to ride this sunday for the first time. Anyone rode there and have any thoughts of how the riding is. We mainly go to St joe in MO, just looking for something different.

I checked the website for rules looks like just a helmet and Spark arrestor. Is this correct? (no flag or noise restrictions)

Old 07-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

No one rides here? I hope we are not going to a he$$ hole lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

I've been once. It was a couple years ago. When we went it was really wet and muddy and at the time I wasn't much into muddy trails. I wouldn't mind making another trip sometime to give it a second chance. Some of the guys that I work with go down there on occasion and I think they like it better than St. Joe.

I do remember that it was more expensive than St. Joe. Seems like it was either $10 or $15 for one day. We always wear helmets but seems like we didn't use flags. The park personnel did not check us for spark arrestors, noise, or for anything else.

They didn't seem to have much room for drag racing, which I doubt you really care about. I also don't think the parking arrangements were the best.

You'll have to let me know if it is worth my time to make another trip down there!

Daren

Old 07-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

bberck,

been there several times for the past several years, last year it was $15.00 for a 3 day pass and $60.00 for a year.
you have to ride with your helmet and have a spark arestor, last year there was no flag needed but I'm not 100%
sure this year. The Rangers dont check for anything at check in, but when you run by the ranger office, might be a
good idea not to draw attention to yourself if you have a loud pipe.. you can camp right there at park if you have a
tent or camper... but there is no riding in the dark.

Its been a great place to ride in the past, I usually go riding with the family. They have started cracking down on racing.
their are certain area's that have posted speed limits and no more mud pit riding.. But there are a ton of hills and fast
trails to ride.. Were probably gonna go in the next few weeks with my brother, and some friends and stay all day.

If you've never been there I think your gonna enjoy it, even thought the cost of riding there has gone up the last couple
years its still a fun place to ride..

hope you have a great time riding

Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys sounds like we will have a good time. We put our spark arrestors in to go I just didnt want to get there and we be to loud. My 700 with my yoshi isnt to bad but my buddies yfz 450 with a HMF is pretty loud, not sure if spark arrestor will lower it much. We have had lots of rain past few days so might be muddy again but we like muddy trails lol

Ill post back after sunday to tell how it was.