Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Stonyford/Digger Pines??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stonyford/Digger Pines??

Anyone care to make a day run to Stonyford in the Mendocino Mts? I've been there twice and we've hardly covered it all, my two buddies are tied up for a while with personal issues so looking for someone who doesn't mind making day trips. I live near Yuba City and I'm normally off on Sunday's and Monday's. Stonyford is north of Sacramento about 60 miles to the town of Maxwell(next exit past Williams) then west into the Mendocino mts about 30+/- miles. You can also access this area from Clearlake off of hwy 20.

Since I can't get the maps to print to scale they are hard to read so I've kind of mapped out trails after two visits by pen to make them easier to follow. There is only one access trail from Digger Pines, it's a two mile ascent, not too difficult but a long ride back down. Once about half way up you can cut over on trail 21 or continue up and over to the Davis Flat camping area.

I found the Digger Pines(little stonyford) staging area to be about an hour closer then going through Stonyford and to Davis Flat/Fouts Spring, that road is very, very slow.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Range Rover

Never been to stonyford but heard that there are some steep trails. Seems like it would be pretty fun.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Never been to stonyford but heard that there are some steep trails. Seems like it would be pretty fun.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Yeah, there are some steep ones, only real problem is if you get some bad ruts on a very steep climb.....can be a bit scary.