Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

LABOR DAY STODDARD WELLS ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LABOR DAY STODDARD WELLS ROAD

Well, guys and gals, will be at stoddard wells road in barstow this weekend. Leaving thursday night and coming back monday probably. And damn it's gonna be hot, at least in the upper 90's...... Thank god for Costco, water, beer, ice and ice chests....Anyone going out give me a buzz.. taking out new shotgun and doing some shooting out there by the mines,,,Can't wait, need a break from work and need a few days of riding after this damn hot summer. Can't wait for winter.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

Im going to glamis [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

OH boy! About 110 average this weekend at glamis. I guess that's not that bad. Stoddard is going to be aroung 100 this weekend.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are riding Rasor Road/Afton Canyon (45 minutes down the 15 freeway from Barstow.....near Baker). What we do is drive out in the evening, after it has "cooled off". Travel light and sleep a few hours (or do a night ride), then get up at first light and ride until it gets to warm. Then jump in the air conditioned trucks and head to a restaurant for breakfast.

Rasor is a great place, that has a little bit of everything: wicked fast flats, untracked dunes, mountain trails, and some of the desert's best scenery (Afton Canyon).

Old 08-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

Have fun out there, yeah it's going to be hot and like you I am ready for winter but I don't really want to freeze but off either. Momorial Day at Hungry Valley was windy and very cold for those who were camp bound or don't ride.
So anyway we are headed to Hungry Valley for 4 days just as soon as I blow off all my appointments untill next week, Then get back home and load. I am with you alienjunior, I need a break from work and just plain old get the hell outa here. I have had enough of Orange County for a while.
Just last night finished up the Dynojet kit and reskinned my qaud and CAN"T FREAKIN WAIT to ride. Have fun and be safe and may God Bless our time off!
Calvin

Old 08-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Range Rover

We might go out to stoddard instead of glamis...we havent figured out what we are doing yet it all depends on if my other buddy can get his atc 250r running...What road do you guys pull off of to camp? we usually pull off hodge road...We have shotguns also and would bring them if we went

Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hey ProRaptor, just got back from stoddard early today. Got home about 11:00 this morning, washed the quad, put things away and prep'd her up for glamis and dumont coming pretty soon. Spent the past 4 days out at stoddard and had a kick *** time. Damn Slash x with it's new business hours is horrible. Went out friday afternoon to drinks some beers, and they closed at 5 pm on Friday!? But what can you do? Had my 870 SG out there too. Did most of shooting at a spot behind our camp ground over the hill. Abandoned old car and a bunch of junk to destroy out there. Spent some time at the old white mountain mine to do some shooting. Awesome time. No traffic, no cluster of people and good friends made it awesome. Hope to meet you out there someday.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Range Rover

We only went out Saturday...It was super hot!!!! My quad ran awesome but my other busddies couldnt say the same...It was fun but I cant wait for glamis

Old 09-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rasor was great. Lots of evidence of heavy flash floods though. We did a night ride Friday for about 2 hrs., then got up and rode from first light till about 10:00 in the morning. Most of the morning was very pleasent though, because of high clouds. It was 100 degrees by the time we were loaded up and on the road at 11:00.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

ProRaptor- Ya, was super hot but a few EZ-UPS, a large blower, cold beers, and sunglasses made it for a good weekend. Of course most of riding was done before and after midday.

Quick Reply: LABOR DAY STODDARD WELLS ROAD