Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Perry Lake, KS, Labor Day 2006

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perry Lake, KS, Labor Day 2006

Went out to Lake Perry today, along with everybody else in Kansas, seemed like. There's some pretty good pictures of Perry from today in my gallery if you've never been there. I'd describe the Perry area as three strips of different terrain. A creek runs the full length, with some big hills (I've never been on that side) and plenty of mud to play around in. The center strip is woods, with rocky and rutty trails criss-crossing most of it. The west half of the property is dirt trails and a dirt hilltop. There's a very good parking lot, and a kids riding area. Maybe everybody knows all this already, so I hope I'm not wasting your time. I've been out there 5 or 6 times now, and there's usually hardly anyone (one or two trucks at most). But today the parking lot and the drive in were full. But even so, it didn't seem crowded in the woods, where Taylor and I spend most of our time.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

Sounds like you had a good time over there. Welcome to the forum. I've been to Perry once and it is a mixture of everything. We cut the trip short because a buddy tried to run over himself and I swear to this day, I have no idea how he kept from breaking some part of his leg. I've been to Deepwater once and that thing was soaking wet and that isn't the type of riding i like to do. There are a few places in the area to ride but you'll have to do some driving. Good luck and if you ever run into something with your quad you aren't sure about...POST IT, there is alot of knowledge on this forum and minus the usual hecklers, there are some good people on here to give good advice.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

2Xsurvivr I was there. I hadn't been to Perry in almost two years. Every time I've been there that was the usual crowd. I was kind of disappointed it was rutted up more than usual. With the recent rain people probably ridin when its still pretty wet. I think you were parked close to us had the warrior sittin on the trailer. Also had 2 lakotas, rincon, 250r, and kx80. I broke the clutch cable on my 250r about 30 minutes into the day, down in a hole. Anyways I gotta blaster and trailblazer, and willing to help you with any problems. I hate to see anybody get shafted by the stealership. I'm really not impressed with heritage tractor. I've never bought anything from them, but I've talked to them and they didn't seem to know alot or care about ATV's. Anyways sorry about the long post. Hope to see you around, maybe we can ride together. This is My website, it has some tips for blasters

Old 09-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

We were on the north end of the p-lot, at the shelter, from about 10 until about 2. Trailer with wood sides, towed with a red Honda SUV. Yes, we did have a good time, but we're new to this, so it's always good, so far. We're riding a couple times a week, at Perry (which has had deep ruts for two months) and at a friend's 40 acres (nothing but trees). MisterMom, when you say "If you ever run into something with your quad," you don't mean literally, do you?

Boomer2 (I get it, the boom trucks), nice web site. You may be just the guy I need to give a listen to my Blaster, maybe make some suggestions. Here's how it's been modded: 2002 yamaha blaster...240 big bore kit with brand new piston and rings, nurf bars, carborator kit, boysen reeds, FMF fat pipe and FMF silencer, hole shot tires and rims, nacs racing seat cover, racing kill switch, twin air air filter, spacers on front tires. This is straight off the ebay listing from when I bought it two months ago. It's also had the oil pump bypassed. I like the sound of it and it runs fast enough for me, but it smokes a lot and leaks oil from the trans. I'm afraid of really doing some damage by what I DON'T know. I'm sure we'll meet sometime, and I look forward to it.

I'm particularly interested (FINALLY getting back to the where to ride thread) in John Redmond Reservoir. Anybody been down there, know what the trails there are like? I'm thinking about camping and riding there on the 22nd or 29th.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't rode at John Redmond yet. But have driven by the ride area. It flat and open. I think there might be some mud.

Sounds like a nice blaster. Two strokes usually smoke when you gas it. If it is smoking all the time you may have a problem. What kind of two stroke oil are you using and at what ratio are you mixing. On the transmission, where is it leaking. If at the sproket or kickstart the seals can be replaced. If at the bottom of the engine you maybe able to use some JB weld to seal the leak so you don't have to tear it apart completely. As long as you make sure you have oil in the tranny you are probably not damaging the transmission. Also about the smoking check your air filter, is it clean you have to clean dual stage foam filters alot. Also since you are new to this, If you have cleaned the filter. You may have over oiled the filter, you can probably tell this if the smoke smells bad burns your eyes and nose. I've done this a few times. Also it may be jetted rich. Check these things out and let me know if it helps.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

You also might check out this site Blaster Riders