Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif.-Lake Arrowhead Fire????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So. Calif.-Lake Arrowhead Fire????

For those who like to ride the trails north of Lake Arrowhead, there is a fire going in the vicinity of the Pinnacles staging area. Not sure just exactly what has burned, but I will keep you posted when I have more info.

These are my favorite trails, and I ride them at least once a week. Would hate to lose this area, even temporarily. After the last fire, it was closed for a couple of years. Not good!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I scouted the area out yesterday, and no part of the riding area burned. It started next to the shooting range, but stayed west of the highway (at least in that area), and burned northward from there.

I know they are going to say that it was strated by a spark from an OHV without a spark arrester, but it seems very improbable to me. The area where it started has no trails, and somebody would have had to been riding down the pavement to do it (who would do that when there is a sweet dirt trail right on the other side of the road?). And, the fire started mid week, when there just isn't any off-road traffic on the trails.

With thousands of smokers out there, it seems more likely that somebody flicked a cigarette out the window!

Old 10-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was watching the show "Trucks" on Spike TV. They did a show on lowering a S-10 IIRC, they were driving along southern Ca roadways/highways slammed to the ground and throwing sparks all over the place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sometimes I wonder??