Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Black Mountain Recreational Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Mountain Recreational Park

Because there is 9/10 of a mile of state highway between those parking places and the park entrance, outside the city limits, and Kentucky State Law is harsh.

This will infuriate your president that I would mention this, but I think it would infuriate you more if someone gets hurt on that road and the KSP return to shut the traffic down completely. It's already happened once. All I'm telling you is that if you want to look out for the best interest of Evarts, learn the facts yourself and force your leadership to stop ignoring the problem and to address it before it's too late.

Look at what happened with KSP in the spring, or with Kentucky Fish and Wildlife just a few months ago on Stone Mountain, and you'll see that even though your leadership insists everything is "OK" ... the law always wins in the end. It will happen, it's just a matter of time.

You are an intelligent person. Get involved, get the facts, and push the right people to do the right thing. The leadership's mentality of ignoring the law and keeping quiet about it is not working.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

1st. We as members of the Harlan County Ridge Runners ATV Club are not sheep being led to the slaughter as you say. We are not ignorant to the facts, we just get the same information you get from the same folks, but twisted to tickle the ears of the one who listens. Preston does not attend these meetings alone.

2nd. Brandon, why are you so concerned about the Harlan County Ridge Runners?

3rd. Brandon, You don't live in Evarts, why are you so concerned about the ones of us who do live in Evarts? I'm just trying to understand.

If you want to change things in Evarts, move to Evarts and run for mayor. City counsel is made up of several individuals who are voted in by the public, the voice of the counsel is not made by one person. Then again, Albright took the bible out of the schools, didn't she?

4th. You appear to be an extremely strong person who is willing to speak out about your thoughts. Why don't you use this voice to speak against the things that are important to the county at this time; education, roads, DRUGS, prostitution, Employment, the lack of activities for our youth, after school programs.

My husband and I have owned ATV's since 1985 when we bought our first, two Honda 200's, since that time we have owned too many to mention and I currently own a 650 John Deere Buck and plan to purchase a Rhino, my husband rides a 400 Bomb. We have been riding these mountains and roads for the past 21 years and have not hurt the woods or the people of the community.

If this were an area where people came to snow ski, would you speak out against snow ski's?

This type of conversation has been going since the begining of the park and I just don't understand what the problem is. Harlan County is large enough for everyone to participate.

All of Harlan County has benefited from the park, if it wasn't it would not be active today.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Forgot, why only repsond to the rumor of the politicians wanting to close the Bailey's Creek Trail Head? And why speak out against our President of the club, he's not Jim Jones.

Evarts does not have to compete or be combative, our number of visitors weekly prove this. The only thing we do is offer good hospitality and treat people like family, we enjoy having them and they keep coming back......

Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Not that it makes any difference at all, but I won a Honda Rubicon 500 and have loved ATVing for the past decade. I work at a Polaris dealership. I have nothing against ATVing and I'm not speaking out against ATVing.

I'm just watching your leadership make stupid decisions that are affecting you and me and hoping in some small way to make smarter minds take control of the situation. I'm just trying.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got back from stone mountain riding and ran into the sherriff of a town near by up there he said that they do allow atv's on the road and that teh death toll has jumped drastically in KY since. Not stating fact just what the sherriff of some town in KY told me.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can you believe how many air traffic fatalities we have had this year? Not to mention that I think I heard on the news that this year has been one of the worst years we have had for auto fatalities. Anytime there is a large group of people participating in any sport, there are accidents. As with ATV's most could have been prevented and then there are some that was just a freak accident.