Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

A Warning to NJ Riders

Old 12-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Warning to NJ Riders

yeh....it is....im just pulling over for the cops now.....as long as you arent doing donuts, wheelies, stuff like that.....you should be fine....they'll just make you get it picked up on a trailer or pickup and take it home....... just dont be going to fast either.....

Old 12-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

between me and you two - there is something differnt. you guys ride quads, which you almost definately will have proof that you own. i have a 22 year old machine that has no papers, and is worth just as much as your quads costs new. and has many more hours work into it then your machines as well. Cops check. ALSO alot of people dont like 3-wheelers. ALSO you guys ride 250 4-stroke machines.... i have a 250 2-stroke and is WAY faster.. i just dont think you guys know what your talking about unless you were in my shoes. I would stop if i knew they wouldnt take my crap away, but i KNOW they would. thats just the way this area is.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

Hey man, relax. First of all I wasn't judging you OR your equipment. I was really judging your "roost the police" attitude. Just for the record, my mojave is 17 yrs old and I have no papers on it either. I also have a TON of time and a little money invested in it. And believe me, these aren't my first quads. The whole point I was making is 2 wrongs don't make a right. Hey if you gotta run from the cops, then by all means go for it. I was just saying that attitude is half the problem. The other half can be some nasty cops/neighbors. And my comments weren't really directed at you personally, just in general. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

In my opinion heres a few things i think of it, and sorry i misunderstood you
1. Police make it their priority to catch these "pesky atv riders" act like we are criminals.
2. SOME not many, like to go around and cause problems on purpose - not just ride, but there are only a few of these.
3. They really dont cause much of a problem besides being alittle noisey - but not many ride at night time. How about the neighbore with the lawn mower, should we complain because hes loud and noisey? or how about those damned rice burners ? how about those damned harleys? atv's get harassed about being loud for one reason - because they are atv's. the only ones that i really could see a sound problem with is the big 4-strokes. 2-strokes sound louder up close but you cant hear them as far away like the big 4-strokes, my brothers 400ex has a aftermarket pipe and it is LOUD and obnoxious... my 250r has a fmf pipe, milled head, ported cylinder, v-force reeds, thin cr head gasket, 38mm air styker carb, no air box lid... and guess what? its still not as loud.
4. Every atv "incident" is blown out of porportion - NOT just by the paper, but by police and the ""victim""
5. The enviromentalists go out bird watching, and their "peace" is distrubed by us, even though we dont cause as much enviromental damage as most automotive vehicles - in which THEY use.... so they go on and on about how we dig up the soil this and that, and make even more people turn on us.
6. The middle and lower class are usually ones that are into this sport, because richer people are not into much things like this because face it, most people are born with money, and the fact really is that they are raised clean cut and to not get dirty etc etc, politicians DO NOT understand what its like to ride or the first thing about it, they dont care, they pretty much set it equal with playing a video game, or put us at level with gangs and hoodlums for the fact that we are "dirty" and "loud" and go "fast" and "tear up the enviroment" (they obviously would listen to what the "good" summaritans say.. and if they say we are ruining something - politician would listen to them before they listen to us
7. The access to atvs are too easy for some younger children, and they are the ones who usually like i said before, steal things or go out causing problems. Parents buy their kids atvs when they shouldnt have them.
8. There are more tracks and other things that will let a dirt bike ride there, that wont let a atv ride there because in short - alot of dirt bike owners DONT like atvs, believe it or not like it or not, its true.

I wont keep going. but i think you get my drift.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

"The ATV whizzed by me at about 30 miles per hour," said Lovell. "If it hit me, they would have had to scrape me off the ground. It was dangerous."

this statement was probbaly not true, or the rider was one of the ones that ruin our already bad image. when ever i see a person the the trail and i see alot and they normaly have dogs, i slow down to like 10 mph pass them then get back up to speed. did you ever think what would happen to you if you hit a person let alone what you would do to that poor guy.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

i dont ride in parks or any thing nothing close enough for me to sneak into, i probably wouldnt stay on trails where people walk anyway. the places i ride no one even walks through. although, i do know if someone crashed into someone it could mess them up bad, but i got a 3-wheeler, so no front bumper will hit them, and id most likely get just as hurt as that person i hit.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

Some observations from a distance:

If you google Elizabethtown Associates you will get a list dated 1664. My ancester is no 74 on that list. By the 1790s most of my ancestors had moved out of New Jersey because farther west there was less expensive land and less government. Those values must be genetic. This is not ment in any way to insult anyone but If I had to put up with what you guys have been talking about plus the taxes I would be checking to see if my skills were marketable somewhere else. Think about South Dakota, Utah, Arizona or Alaska. Go to realtor.com and check the prices and taxes of houses. Then go to monster.com and check the job market. If you have never done it try it. In 20 minutes you will totally amaze yourself. South Dakota and Alaska do not even have state income tax. In South Dakota you can license a quad and ride it on the street.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

wow...i learned a lot....i never even knew it was possible to legalize an atv anywhere in the u.s. LOL.....

the people who ruin it for us is the kids that have those 400exs and stuff......that want to get chased by the cops......slide around turns and stuff...trust me, i know, theres plenty in my area and they even say they want to be chased.....it really pisses me off but i cant say anything to them....me being 14 and them 16 or 17.....lol......'this isnt directed to anyone on the forumns but if you're like this, you're just part of the problem.....'.....

theres barely any people who walk in the trails i ride in but if there is.....i slow down....maybe 1st gear or stop and say hi......i try and be friendly with the people hoping they dont call the cops and when i drive down my street to go into the woods, i wave to my neighboors....hoping they dont call either...... i wish i lived in North Carolina or soemthing where the cops dont mind you driving on the rode and stuff lol....i hate a lot about n.j. but i love a lot about n.j. too...

Old 12-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer

I am a rider and I and been around areas where ATVs are being ridden. The thing that will irritate the public about ATVs the fastest is loud pipes.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ss97
This is one of the main reasons I moved out of NJ...........

I'm sorry, but I got to laugh, so you moved to NY?!?!? Doubt if that was an improvement