Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N.J. people, lets make a BIG ride together!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N.J. people, lets make a BIG ride together!!

I live in Lincoln Park and thw wife and I just bought a new King Quad and Brute Force.....I too am looking to ride. I have a 2 place trailer so I will travel anywhere. If the wife does not go and it is a "dudes" outing I can trailer another quad if someone needs help. Get back to me and let me know where and when. I ride in Franklin at my parents horse farm, (100 acres) but I can only ride a small portion of it.......up for anything.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey i ride in hammonton lots of jumps and trails. on cops or rangers at all.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

how do i get in touch with you? my cell is 862-268-5654

Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

well....im up for anything too.....i'd go anywhere just as long as theres SOME mud or water......

seriously, if any of you want to come riding at my place....email me at johnsahlberg@yahoo.com its not the biggest of places but nots of mud and lots of trail riding......

do you guys want to set up something for a big ride in january? maybe mid january........ does anybody know of a spot that has mud, water, trails and jumps all at one place but w.out cops? i know a spot in tuckerton, but i dont know what the cops would do if we have like 5+ trucks/trailers at the spot.....

any of you should email me to see if you want to go riding at my place or would like to invite me to your place.....i really want to go riding with other people!!

Old 12-23-2006, 04:19 AM
Pro Rider

Recon, its a great idea, but there is a lot baggage or stuff to figure out, but its also something that can and has been done.

The more successfull ones I have been on were all in PA, and no not at paragoon either. (sorry to those that like the place, but except for some truck guys it seems not too many atv or bike people really love the place) There have been some at tower city, but the people who run the place have asked or really told the members involved that they dont like having their name plastered over the net for a "run" and though a good group and a great place I wouldnt think of it for more than like 12 or 2o or so.

There are some guys from offroadnj.com that get together pretty often (i think there doing so soon so take a look at the rides thread) and this is mostly in PA too ( normally between TC and para areas) and these are normally more of a mix of sport and util machines, and the couple I have made were great rides (well maybe except the one when my timing chain went lol) and there not all pay rides either.

I would love to have one in NJ, but the fact the state looks at us as a source of income and loves to harrass and fine us sort of makes an organized ride tough, but I guess it can be done on a smaller scale, but I would think it would take some planning, and it wouldnt hurt to have mostly all experienced riders who can find their way out of trouble if you know my point.

Maybe a ride past the state house in trenton wouldnt be a bad idea, but then again it could get ugly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am gonna keep an eye on this thread and will post any good local info I think will help.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

hey im a lincoln parkian too. as for a big ride that might be hard to do until i can drive because we dont have a trailer, but we have 2 quads

Old 12-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: quadsport230
hey im a lincoln parkian too. as for a big ride that might be hard to do until i can drive because we dont have a trailer, but we have 2 quads
Where do you normally ride? I live in Oak Ridge. I ride in the Newark Watershed area off Rt 23.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadsport230
If its a big ride I wouldnt worry much because there are plenty of riders in your area and there has to be one with some extra space on a trailer.

If you look at the thread I posted on earlier there is even someone in your town.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

i think i ride the watershed too, its the area between rt23 and edison road, and the majority of it is in sparta, i think

Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had to check the map to see where Edison Rd is. I have never ridden up that far before. The closest to that has been around the reservoir on Rt 23 and Oak Ridge Road.

I mainly ride behind Greenpond (which is where I got 'lost' today). I found some interesting trails before my temp light came on.

Is there a lot of good riding by Edison rd?

Quick Reply: N.J. people, lets make a BIG ride together!!