Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ST. LOuis Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2000, 12:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As anyone from this area or around there. I would like to catch up with someone to ride with.

Old 12-15-2000, 07:24 PM
Range Rover

I live in Troy, Mo. I have a Raptor and my buddy has a 400ex. We go out to a place in Fulton to ride and once in a while we go to Finger Lakes. Maybe after the holiday we can get together and ride. I'm guessing by your nickname that you have a DS650?

Old 12-16-2000, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys,what type of riding at Finger Lake? ive also got a DS650 and looking for some good wide trails.

Old 12-17-2000, 01:13 PM
Range Rover

Fingers Lake has a mx track and wooded trails. The trails are quite narrow and usually rutted up from our dirt bikes. A DS650 may have a hard time out there. I haven't had the Raptor out there yet but in some areas it's pretty tight getting my Warrior around some of the trails.

There's another place in Fulton called Camp Potwamie or something like that. I know how to get there but I don't remember the name of the road to take. If you're going up I-70 get off at the Fulton exit where the McStop is and go into the town of Fulton. Go into town and you trun left at an intersection with a 7-11 on the right. It might be 14th street but Im not sure. You'll go past a school and a golf course and shortly after that the road turns to gravel. Keep going and there's a sign on the left for the camp ground. They have an honor box at the trailer. Put $3.00 in an envelope and ride all day.

Old 12-21-2000, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

In Creve Coeur here. I hope you weren't thinking about going out anytime soon!!! Too damn cold. I'm fortunate enough to be getting out of here for the next 11 days, heading to Phoenix and San Diego! Had to remember where I put my shorts?

Old 12-22-2000, 06:23 AM
Trailblazer

Hey racer_x,
What kind of riding is there in Fulton. I am from Perry, Mo which is just North of Fulton about 45 miles. I currently live over near Kansas City but go back home often to ride with my buddies. I didn't know their was a riding area in Fulton. I will have to get them together to go check it out.
We went to St. Joe in October for the first time and we had a blast. We were impressed with the area, but it is a long way from me. We are planning on going down there again nest spring sometime.

Old 12-22-2000, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

The place in Fulton has a MX track which has some long straights, a couple of table tops and doubles, nothing too technical though. There's also quite a few wooded trails and a small chat (sand) hill to play on. There's also a mud pit for 4-wheel pickups too. The best part is it's usually not too crowded there.

Old 12-23-2000, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

I to ride in fulton, and there is something for every type of rider. we usually take about 8 hondas up( the owner calls us the honda race team when we pull in with the gooseneck). hopefully soon we will open our track and trails in brazito,MO for everybody. As for the directions I think it is 10th street in fulton that you turn on .

Old 12-23-2000, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Mudrat454,where is St.Joe?ive heard of this place before but no one here knows where it is.i live just south of Cairo,Ill.about 40 miles.

Old 12-24-2000, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer

Chop,
St Joe riding area is at St Joe State Park in Park Hills, MO. It is near Farmington, MO. It is approximately 60-70 miles south of St Louis. It has about 1200 acres of wooded trails and 800 acres of sand. I think it costs 2.oo per quad per day and they have ride into camping areas both primitive and with hook-ups. The trails were mostly wide unless you got off into the lesser used areas. The sand had alot of banshees and some modified machines. You can drive 4x4's out there as well but didn't look much fun unless it was a dune buggy.
I only had the mohave when we went last time. I was with 2 400ex's and 1 300ex(one of the 400ex's also carried along his spare 300ex as well but he didn't need it this trip). Can't wait until next time with the Raptor

Quick Reply: ST. LOuis Missouri