Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Southern OR & Northern CA riders right here >

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern Oregon & Northern California

I couldn't find a thread for those of us in Southern Oregon and/or northern California so here it is. I will list a few of the places we like to ride and maybe others can list their favorites. If anyone needs directions to any of the places I list just post here and ask.

First and foremost: is the Oregon Dunes, what a great place to get out and tear it up.
Second: is probably Christmas Valley, How nice is it to hit some great sand dunes in the middle of the state nowhere near the ocean.
Third: Spencer Creek near Keno OR, it is a nice place with plenty of trails, hill climbs, jumps and nice open areas for the little ones to cruise around.
Fourth: Johns Peak near Jacksonvill, this is an area of about 14,000 acres of trail systems ranging in difficulty levels. They also have a couple of good poker runs during the year.

Hopefully more will post here so we can share info on riding spots and maybe set up a good meeting for a bunch of riders......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Southern OR & Northern CA riders right here >

We do an Oregon Dunes trip every year, but it would be nice to get out and see some other places!

Anybody near Redding? A buddy just moved up there and is wondering where to ride.......

Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

For this area you are talking about I have found many using temporaryinsandity.com who is a local atv club in the Southern Oregon area.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

I checked out temporaryinsandity and it is much smaller than this forum and I didn't see a lot of people in there discussing riding areas and/or group get togethers. It seems there are probably enough of us in here to make this a good informative thread to share good riding spots and maybe set up a big group ride somewhere.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Range Rover

Diamond Lake Recreation Area is well worth checking out. We went riding there on Father's Day two weeks ago and didn't see another quad all day long riding 140 miles from 8 am to 5 pm (put 7 hours on the engine). There is much more to explore within this area, which we look forward to doing in future visits. The trails were developed for snowmobiles and include some gravel road segments where one might encounter an occasional car or, more likely, a pickup pulling a boat. Highway 97 lies to the east and you can ride into the town of Chemult on a designated ATV route for food and fuel. We filled up at the Pilot station for $2.99 per gallon when gas was $3.29 in Medford. I've posted a few photos taken that day.

The Prospect OHV trail system is just now opening to ATV use as the Elk calving season concludes. This is a large area adjacent to, and southwest of, the Diamond Lake Rec. Area. From the maps I've seen, it looks like ATVs can pass between these two areas, and I'm looking forward to the checking it out first hand.

These are just two of many listed on the Oregon State Parks website showing places to ride in the state.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

try shasta rock rollers in redding. they are alocal club. we ride dunes so sand mountain nevada, winchester bay,dune fest. samoa in ureka is ok, not much riding and it is flat no dunes. stay away from christmas valley oregon it can be very dirty.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Range Rover

you go to dunefest. See ya there. I am the Vp of Temporaryinsandity.com and one of the Dunefest organizers. We put on the Safari Run (poker run) on Thursday during dunefest and help with all the other Alba events.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Range Rover

We took a ride to the Rabbit Ears in the Prospect OHV Trail System a couple of weeks ago. It's a very scenic ride that can be easily done in a few hours; we took four hours at a leisurely pace taking photos and stopping for a lunch break. There are a couple of trail sections rated as "more difficult" but we found them in pretty good shape and other than some tight turns they are not very difficult. Map and Photos Here

The Rabbit Ears area is just a small part of the Prospect OHV Trail System. According to the Forest Service publication on this trail system, "It provides approximately 250 miles of designated routes that are a combination of trails and shared use roads. Elevations range from 2,600 to 6,500 feet." This trail system is open to off-highway vehicles July 1st through November 30th.

The Prospect Ranger District Office will mail a map of the Prospect OHV trail system free of charge. Call 541-560-3400 during business hours.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

Map & Photos showing just one place to access the ATV trails in Diamond Lake Recreation Area; photos were taken on a ride with my wife in June this year.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Range Rover

Folks in Southern Oregon might be interested in a day-ride at Palmer Ridge, off Upper Applegate Rd., Jackson County, headed toward Applegate Lake. Maps & Photos Here.

Quick Reply: Southern OR & Northern CA riders right here >