Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Stolen Cecil County Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Cecil County Maryland

Attention Cecil County Maryland riders: 2006 Red Kawasaki Bayou stolen from Dogwood Rd in Elkton. Reward!!!! Contact Maryland State Police or Cecil County Sheriffs Office. If you know of someone who has recently "aqquired" one and does not have a key, please call the police.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

Post a picture if you have one.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

That is like the 4th atv I have heard of gettin stolen in this area in the last 2 months. I'll keep an eye out. Hope you get it back

Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry no pics. It actually was stolen from a friend of mine. It's a stock 2006 red bayou. One thing is the person probably does not have a key and has jury rigged the ignition. The one thing that will help identify it it their is a tear in the rear side of the seat. It has a piece of gray duct tape over it to keep it from spreading.

Yes there have been several quads stolen lately in the area. They arrested some teens last week and charged them with two ATV thefts, but I have not heard any details. Also Harford County is bad. A friends white 07 Raptor GYTR was taken two weeks ago. Right out of his garage while he was home sleeping. Their is a $5000.00 reward on the Raptor. It has a dual looney tune exhaust, red bull front shock covers and a few other mods. Neither friend had ATV insurance which is something I can not stress enough. I recommend Progressive if you are looking to get ATV insurance.

Even if you store it in a garage or shed you should anchor it to something with a Krytonite cable lock.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: sat4314
Sorry no pics. It actually was stolen from a friend of mine. It's a stock 2006 red bayou. One thing is the person probably does not have a key and has jury rigged the ignition. The one thing that will help identify it it their is a tear in the rear side of the seat. It has a piece of gray duct tape over it to keep it from spreading.

Yes there have been several quads stolen lately in the area. They arrested some teens last week and charged them with two ATV thefts, but I have not heard any details. Also Harford County is bad. A friends white 07 Raptor GYTR was taken two weeks ago. Right out of his garage while he was home sleeping. Their is a $5000.00 reward on the Raptor. It has a dual looney tune exhaust, red bull front shock covers and a few other mods. Neither friend had ATV insurance which is something I can not stress enough. I recommend Progressive if you are looking to get ATV insurance.

Even if you store it in a garage or shed you should anchor it to something with a Krytonite cable lock.

I know who you are talking about ( loose nutz ) I rode with him at shady beach once.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

Good news for a change. The police found the Kawi and another quad in the woods (out of gas) and covered with brush to try and hide them. Both had the ignition punched with a screw driver. So my friend got his back and this doesn't happen very often. For those of you in the Cecil County area, they were both found in the woods off of Dogwood Rd which runs off of Blueball Rd. A pretty bad area and there are miles of woods in case you have had one stolen recently.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Time to get a search party together to look for other stolen atv in that area.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

did the cops dust for prints on the recovered quad????