Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Land Between The Lakes area weekend of march 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LBL weekend of march 23rd

Hey guys,
Is anyone planning on riding up at Land Between The Lakes the weekend of March 23rd? www.lbl.org is their site. We will be coming back from a business trip that week and won't have the kids so it would be great if someone was planning something up there already.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Land Between The Lakes area weekend of march 23rd

Hey Jamie,
I am relocating from Virginia to the Memphis Tn area. What kind of trails are up there? About how far is it from Memphis? I am always interested in new areas to ride.
Later, Andy

Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Trailblazer

It is about anything you could want from rolling hills to steep hills and everything in between. They do have a lot of rules so you want to check their site and call... www.lbl.org . it is about 160 miles from Memphis.

There is a place outside of Henderson that has some fun gravel/dirt trails but they are very tame. I beleive it is called Chickasaw Rec area. They are better than nothing but they leave a lot to be desired. If it has been raining you can get off the beaten path and find some descent mud.

There is another place north of Jackson, Natchez Trace, at mile marker 116 on I40 tha has lots of gravel trails. Nothing great but better than nothing.

There is a place called Sugar Creek just north of Memphis. They say it gets pretty crazy and crowded on the weekends. I have never been. Not big on a crowd of drunks and 4 wheelers. I have no problem riding with friends who are having a beer... but not a bunch of Yahoo's who are getting snot faced. :-)

We have some pretty good creek bed riding but you have to be with either the owner or my buddy who has permission to ride. They had a guy who let anyone have access to the creek and some of his farm land but you had to pay a fee. The local officials ended up shutting him down... public nuissance is what they called it.

If you find something worth doing there are a few of us that will travel for some good fun!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Jamie,
Appreciate the info. I aggree beer and 4wheelers don't mix. I have heard about this Sugar Creek but have found little online on it. I believe it is in Drummonds Tn and might check it out on a calm day. It will be about a month and a half before I get fully set up and established in TN but I really do appreciate the info.
Thanks, Andy