Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wayne National Forest Nelsonville Ohio

Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Range Rover

Yup, been there done that. We weren't impressed either, too many whoops for a utility quad. I don't think I ever got over 5mph. We saw another quad go off the side and down over the bank when two guys tried to squeeze by each other.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, suprised to hear these comments about Wayne. I love the place, but not for the challenge of the trail, just the pretty scenery. I think the trails there are the easiest and safest I have ever seen, and I've been to a lot of places over the last 15+ years.

Please anyone reading this, do not take the previous posts seriously. Do yourself a favor and see for yourself. I know I would recommend Wayne to anyone with limited experience and/or small children learning to ride, unlike many other places I have been too.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, maybe its because im more of an aggressive driver but wnf was no challenge for me. I like to go there every once and awhile but the trails are too smooth and road like. They are not tight. Maybe im used to all the non public trails i ride that are very rough, tight, and twisty. Wnf is a place for me to mostly ride in 2wd high and go fast because thats how the trails are meant. I dont mind the place but have other places i prefere more.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

As for someone that grew up in Wayne before they made that trails (legal), let me say, they can in no way be the twisty winding trails we made when we were kids. I can only imagine that if I were to ride the ones they have now, I'd be looking for gas stations and supermarkets along the way. Can only look like a highway now.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

By the way, wnf has some great sights and is a very cool place. Didnt mean to make it sound like i dont like it because i do like it allot. Just im more of an experienced rider so i dont ride there as much.

Motox26, were at in ohio are you located.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: alwaysride
By the way, wnf has some great sights and is a very cool place. Didnt mean to make it sound like i dont like it because i do like it allot. Just im more of an experienced rider so i dont ride there as much.

Motox26, were at in ohio are you located.
I feel the same way, I go to Wayne because I love the outdoors and it is nice land there to camp and just have a good time with friends or family. Sounds like people don't understand ATV's are for "off-road" riding. When I want to really ride aggresive, I go somewhere else for my fix.

I'm not to far from you at all if you're in Kettering, I live right between Centerville and Waynesville, in the Lytle area if you know where that's at.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Awsome, maybe we can meet sometime. You have a little land to mess around on by your house. You ever ride there.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the alternate places to ride.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was there that whole weekend and boy was it PACKED! When I went last summer we passed less than 10 people on the trails during the whole 3 days we camped there. It was during the week though and not opening weekend.

The Rides

Don't know if anyone saw us but we had a 1973 Suzuki RV90 with our group. Complete with bald turf tires, back rest, and chrome luggage rack with duct tape dangling from it. That thing suprisingly did good in everything but mud! It's in the linked picute above.