Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MN-WI - Anyone know this trail just off Soo Line...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN-WI - Anyone know this trail just off Soo Line...

Was riding with some friends down Soo Line from WI to MN. Before you hit MN HWY 23, there is a trail that goes off to the left. It is very used looking and immediately goes up a small hill. I doubt any machine could go straight down this trail it is so rutted and muddy. There are several snake like trails that go around the bad spots and even those were pretty bad.
After going about 2 or 3 miles thru this twisty, muddy trial, the trail splits - left and right. If you go right (about 500ft), you hit HWY 23. There is a gate there and what looks like a small parking area. We had actually done this ride about 3 or 4 years ago, and at that time the gate wasnt there.
If you go left, the trail continues down hill and you come to a river. There is a metal-mesh ramp going into the river. Its fairly easy to cross as there is a natural stone dam and water was just up to the floor boards.
Once on the other side of the river, the trail ascends up a ways and levels off. Again with deep ruts and side-arounds. After a mile or two, the trail turns to an open field and the ruts go away. We turned around at this point.
I think the trail may be a snowmobile trail because there are metal Caution signs near the river and the standard metal signs with black arrows on orange backgrounds posted along the trail whenever a corner is coming up - however, judging by the ruts, it is heavily used by ATVs.
The first time we rode this trail, I thought it was marked Trail 4 where it met the Soo Line. But there were no signs at all when I went this last weekend.
I looked on some maps and I dont see it marked.
Its a challenging ride and the scenery is decent too.

Anyone know what trail this is?