Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

where to ride in ky

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to ride in ky

Checked the website. Not really into the training course especially not for a hundred bucks! I guess I will call their contact number to see if they just have trails to ride. thanks.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, they have just trails to ride. I actually ride the park from my cousins cabin. There is TONS of trails there. Many of the trails will spurt off of the marked trails. You would have a great time out on their trails. Im planning on going back down there in november. Me and my buddy usally get about 200 miles in during a riding weekend down there. Lots of trails.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Range Rover

That sounds awesome! I need to look into those trails. I am really interested in that one site you posted about all the proposed trails throughout that region. That is a great idea. There are so many quads and dirtbikes in the country and not enough area to ride legally. You are very fortunate to live down there and have access to that kind of riding. I lived in Washington while in the military and you actually buy a liscense for your ORV for like 12 bucks a year from the DMV and that allowed you to ride legally in state parks and such. Of course where there is so much land it is possible for programs like that. Damn, if I could only talk my girlfriend into moving to Kentucky!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Allot of pics in my profile are from kentucky, here is a quick vid i put together of a ride we did down in kentucky in august.

http://video.google.com/videop...type=search&plindex=0

sorry about the long link

Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

Try Kyoutdoors.com Then click on Harlan County Ridge Runners. This is in Southeastern Ky in the city of Evarts. Ride Black Mountian for free. Come to the North Campground everynight for the Campfire to set up your next days ride or tell about the ride you had that day. Lots of wonderful people there with free guides for your trip. Lots of homes for rent in Evarts. Unload your ATV at your rental an ride the city streets anywhere you need to go, just obey the rules.

P Power
HCRR Member

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Range Rover

I second what risky says, they have a town ordinance in Evarts that allows you to ride your atv in the city limits. Just wear a helmet and obey all traffic laws and signs. The even have flashing yellow signs with a 4 wheeler on it that the department of transportation put up. The Black MOuntain off road adventure park is free and has between 30 and 40 thousand acres! The ONLY thing the landowner asked before allowing his land to be ridden on is for the riders to wear their helmet. Too bad so many low life jerks think they have the right to come to someone elses park and then refuse to obey the rules by not wearing helmets and trashing the place! One sure way to make a landowner to possibly decide to shut his 40,000 acres down someday. If you cant follow the park rules then keep your butt home!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Yup Yup, Where your helmet. You look dumb with out it

Old 10-31-2007, 04:16 PM
jp1
Trailblazer

turkey bay in land between the lakes.(ky) they have alot of good hills.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

trx said it all. Where else can you ride 40,000 acres of easy, moderate, and extreme trails and have a guide show you around if you want, all for FREE? Plus, an additional 18,000 acres has just been acquired, and you will be able to ride into Bell County as well.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Harlan has every type of riding that one could ask for. The Park has some good riding but the best is off Park. You need to hook up with one of the Ridge Runners to ride these areas. There is some of the best people you'll ever meet in Harlan and they are more than happy to help you in any way!

White, where do you ride in Breathitt county? I own land in Lee county and ride there alot. We've rode once in Breathitt over around the airport, but I'm not sure how to get back there. I would relly like to know more about where you ride.

My wife and I ride all over KY , TN, WV and IN and we enjoy different people riding with us.....so just give me a shout and we'll hook upo sometime

Quick Reply: where to ride in ky