Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

where to ride in ky

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default where to ride in ky

ya, kentucky has some sweet riding. Like you said though, the best riding is off park. Ive been looking at harlan kenucky on google earth and i can see trails going off every where. Cant wait to get back.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evarts sounds like an atv riders paradise, ride trails all day, ride to get fuel, ride to a resturant to grab a bite to eat, I gotta check that out. It's like 4 hours south of where I'll be visiting my parents, but about the same distance back to MD. I'm definetly going to hit that place up before I come home. Can you get a rental year-round? Are there very easy trails, or is it a big mix? (my girlfriend just started riding) Or, would it be a waste for her? Thanks.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Range Rover

Evarts sounds like an atv riders paradise, ride trails all day, ride to get fuel, ride to a resturant to grab a bite to eat, I gotta check that out. It's like 4 hours south of where I'll be visiting my parents, but about the same distance back to MD. I'm definetly going to hit that place up before I come home. Can you get a rental year-round? Are there very easy trails, or is it a big mix? (my girlfriend just started riding) Or, would it be a waste for her? Thanks.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Range Rover

You can get a good park map at many of the local eating establishments and gas stations. It is fairly easy to navigate the park with one if you go slow and follow the signs. The trails are clearly marked, green for easy blue for moderate and red for extreme. Most trails on the park are also tag with signs as well.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have been to harlan once before and can not wait to go back it really is awsome there. one of the best things is if want to make a weekend out of it you can rent a fully furnished house for about $450 that sleeps at least six people. i thought that was good. check out harlan county ridge runners website for more info. and the people in the community really welcome riders there unlike most places they realize that it is means of revenue for them for their county.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

All different types of riding are available-easy, moderate, and extreme. Rentals are available year-round: just go to the website (www.rr.kyoutdoors.com)and click on "lodging/advertisers" to get a list and pics of the rentals in Evarts. Very reasonable rates! There are 2 hotels in the city of Harlan, which is about 8 miles outside of Evarts, but you cannot ride your ATV from Harlan to Evarts, which means you would have to trailer your ATV every time. If you stay in Evarts, you unload at the rental, and never load up again until it's time to go home.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am headed to monticello Wednesday riding that is some wide open, ***** out, how fast you wanna go trails down there. It is the back door to pickett state park. i've been there several times and love it. if anybody else does not have anything to do this week just show up

Old 12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

Depending on where you live in KY there are several ATV parks or trails for riding. Not including Harlan, LBTL, etc..

Clay City:

The White Sulphur Trail, or the Redbird Crest Trail at the Daniel Boone National Forest:

Big Rock ATV park:

HillzNHollarz:

Of course Royal and Triple E also. I'm sure I am missing some, but here are a few..