Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

glamis

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glamis

i posted this is other tire and drivetrain topic but nothing and i know somebody might be able to help

i just got some skat trak hauler tires, ive never had paddle tires before and i know ALOT of you have had them and know alot about them.

1..whats a good psi to put in them (hard or soft)

2..does it make a difference (my dealer put them on rims) if you look directly from rearend at them they are not identical like a paddle width difference.. would this matter? hard to explain like the tire is turned forward on one rim like 1-2 inchs

3..tried for about 5 hours to do a decent launch (raptor 700r) cant get hang of it would i need different sprockets? or front rear ?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default glamis

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: raptorSE

i posted this is other tire and drivetrain topic but nothing and i know somebody might be able to help

i just got some skat trak hauler tires, ive never had paddle tires before and i know ALOT of you have had them and know alot about them.

1..whats a good psi to put in them (hard or soft)

pressure variances will change how easy the tire spins. I've run anywhere
from 2lb to 7lbs depending on sand conditions and what I'm doing with the quad.
2lb for sand drags.. 7 lbs allow more sliding while duning.

2..does it make a difference (my dealer put them on rims) if you look directly from rearend at them they are not identical like a paddle width difference.. would this matter? hard to explain like the tire is turned forward on one rim like 1-2 inchs

you can line them up by removing the hub collar and replacing it a spline or two to the direction it is off to synch it up with the other tire.

3..tried for about 5 hours to do a decent launch (raptor 700r) cant get hang of it would i need different sprockets? or front rear ?

try different pressure in the tires.. more to get them to spin easier.
</end quote></div>

Old 11-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default glamis

well somebody posted in my other thread goto that its more geared to tires not where to ride...