Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to Ride in Buffalo NY area

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Ride in Buffalo NY area

Hey everyone, Im new the forums, I live just outside buffalo ny and was wondering, where are there good places to ride.. I know of the trails on Grand Island, NT, and pendelton, but thats about it.. A friend of mine was telling me about trails in hamburg or some south towns that go for ever.. Dont get me wrong the trails are ok, I just want Longer, more tech trails. if there are any. Only place I know of of trails like that is Majestic, or cooper ridge, and I dont feel like driving an HR to get there. I was just wondering if any of you guys knew of any other places. to ride.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a place in Dunkirk to ride with decent trails. Longmeadow Park I believe it is called. Rode there once, and I could run all the trails in about 15 minutes or so on my sport quad at a good clip. The trails were pretty fun though and I will probably go back some day. I think you have to join NYTRO or Trailpass to ride there now though. I haven't found anything in Western NY that comes close to Majestic for quality. If you do, let me know.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Majestic is one of the best places i have been, cant wait till they open back up after their deer season... i would say it is worth the drive but i live in e-ville. almos 1000 acres and 40 miles of trails will keep you busy all day..... if you find any other legal places post it up ...

Old 12-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Range Rover

Other than Pendleton, aren't these other trails "illegal". Hamburg is sure to get you busted, believe me I know. That one is over.

If you're insured and registered, Erie County Parks will give you a permit to ride Chestnut Ridge Park as long as there is 4 inches of snow

Old 12-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea I have the permit for chestnut ridge. and I was also warned about hamburg. and now Some of the trail in pendelton are shut down. I do drive Down to Majestic quite often, but there are some days I just want to ride closer than a 2hr drive.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Range Rover

You can also Try asking the guys on nyatvonline.com They ride all over the state

Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is some leagal riding in the Cheektowoga area...I go there all the time for afternoon rides...got stopped once..because I had plates I wasn't bothered. you can do about 4-5 hrs riding there to kill an afternoon. It's not that difficult of a trail system...but it's close...email for some info. and maybe a ride... nuch14150@aol.com

Old 01-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've lived in cheektowaga my whole life. What have I been missing out on? I've been to Long Meadows before. Its about an hour south of Buffalo. You can get a day pass for like 20 bucks or a year trailpass for 75. It's pretty fun, lots of mud when I went. Let me know if you want any more information on it. How are those trails in Pendleton? I've never went up there.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

Nuch, just post where you can access those Cheektowaga trails, or where the trailhead is.

Cant, I've never gone on the Pendleton trail. I found it on Trailpass, and some small snowmobile club site who I believe maintain the trails. I did drive by, the trailhead was a bar/restaurant. The trail is an old rail grade, so it is straight and flat, with some small branches off it. Bet you could do the whole thing in an hour tops. Also, it is like a two lane trail. One gravel for ATV's, the other paved for walking and skating. Strange............but still there were a real lot a trailers parked around. Figure if you live in that area, it's close and at least you can ride. I got there in 20-25 minutes from West Seneca. Compare that to almost 2 hours for Majestic Trail. Lastly, you have to pay Trailpass or the club to ride

The trailhead location is Campbell Blvd and the Pendleton town park

Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea mark, I live in tonawanda and ride that trail system a LOT also. I like you belong to trail pass. I have More than gotten my $ worth from going to Majestic and also cooper ridge. Majestic is FAR better. So the way I look at it if your gonna drive an HR or 2 mine as well go the extra 20/30 mins to Majestic. But durring the week when I dont have time I usually ride the pendelton trails. I usually ride from One end of the trail to the other end in about 2 hrs or so. Thats with going on all the Branch off trails. THey are for the most part all straight. but still fun. They added a part by the lafarge plant. Not much, but every little bit helps. There is also a nice trail out in NT. that follows some power lines and some kids build a little MX track out there which I was impressed with. espicall since you can see it was all done by hand. < no machines> The only way I know how to access that trail is to park at Bob Weavers on SUNDAY since its the only day they are closed. and ride behind there.

Quick Reply: Where to Ride in Buffalo NY area