Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riders in richmond, va

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riders in richmond, va

I'm new to the VA area i live up by fredericksburg. i don't know if any yall from the area or not. I'm working on getting a new truck to haul my toys around hopefully before this summer. and i'd love to hook up with yall and get in some VA riding. I'm from NC so not to far away a used to frequent buscoe's beach down in NC if any of you get a chance you should check it out it's right down I95 alot of trails and events well worth a weekend drive.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

were not knuckle heds. we are all adults that make our own desisions. we were out there till 4 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the cops can come out there all they want to. its my friends property, and he said we could ride there. i know the noise ordanance is 11:00 but like i said, ive been riding there for at least 15 years. yeah 15 years!!!! never had a prob with cops. matter of fact they ride with us sum tymes on there cop bikes.

i aint trin to be a dick hed, but we could be druggies or even murderers. but were not. we are riders. whats the harm. half of the people that live behind there have only been there for a couple of years. if they dont like engine noises thay shud not of moved there. if i dont like animals, im not gonna move to a farm. loud *** trains move through there all hours of the night. why dont they complain bout that. thats just my personal oppinion!!!we will keep riding there till J.S Clark buys the property in 2010. there will be thousands of condos put right in that field. so till then i guess im gonna ride there. besides that is just the place you start out at.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

ok someone ate a peanut bitter cup. so anyone up towards fredericksburg

Old 04-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I have enjoyed that area for several years also. My friend has been living there for over 20 years and has ridden lots of different bikes, 3 wheelers, and four wheelers for all of those years. We have no problem with the noise up to 11:00 on weekends and maybe a little later but 4 am is pushing it. Sorry if you don't agree. We have tried to be good neighbors in that area by picking up trash and shutting down early on weeknights. You claim it's just the place to start and that is correct for some but my experience is that a lot of very loud bikes do not leave the clay field and instead ride it almost exclusively.
Just my $.02 Sorry if I ruffled some feathers with you but I know getting up for work at 6am is tough after a night like the one you seem so proud of.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

i agree 100%. not an agrument. there was green grass there, and no trees. remember. as the years went by it turned to clay. we rented a bobcat and put very large jumps all through there. now they are smaller. as of today i think over 850 people have looked at this posting and know where this place is. the trash there, mainly beer cans, have been pick up for a while now both by me and you.

my point, im not a tourist. i could see a problem if i was one of the 850 people. and just like the rest of the hard working world, i do get up at 5:30 every morning. its a lot harder to wake up at 5;30 in the morning when you have been drinkin and ridin all day. than it is to just go to sleep when you hear a motor.

cant wait to see everyone there next weekend. this weekend is bodacious!!!! whooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

justhanginout, got an e-mail address. i can send some info on private property. if you ask the landowner he'll let you ride.but you gotta ask.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

good looking out jracrx i sent you a pvt message.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

i wish i could help yall out!!! fredricksburgs kinda aways from richmond.

ok listen up everyone. after next weekend we will be repairing the field. it is in need of sum desperate plowing. so everyone who has responded to this add, since i have started it, is more than welcome to help out. FOOD AND DRINKS ARE ON THE HOUSE!!!!

sat april 26th, BIG RACE!!! $200 grand prize!! so...put your $$$$$$$$$$$ where your mouth is. i cant wait. see ya there!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

yeah i know where richmond is. and it's not that bad of a drive only an hour. i used to drive 1hr 1/2 to get to buscoes beach in NC and if the ride is good it's always worth it right.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is Busco Beach? We are planning a camping/riding trip there sometime around Mudbash. Is tent camping miserable in June like it is in OBX?

Quick Reply: riders in richmond, va