Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tencubed
Good Morning PSAR!

61 degrees and rain showers this morning. Not good news at all since the wheat harvest is less than half done. Forecast is for more of the same for up to a week. This could ruin the standing wheat and this year will be a bust. Such is the life of the farmer, work a whole year and the rain comes two weeks early. Sure hope it clears up.

Got some good news from the vet yesterday, been battling a bit of skin cancer for the past few months and it looks like everything is under control. No sign of any spreading from the places it started. Too many years of heavy sun exposure they say. Don't even have to go in for followup for three months.

We harvested peas yesterday, SWMBO and I were up till nearly midnight hulling them, but boy do we have a lot of peas to freeze today. We're going to have creamed peas with new potato's and BBQ pork ribs this friday when the clan gathers. Course lots of fresh greens from the garden. Another month and we'll have fresh corn as well.

Rain, rain go away! Come again a September day.

Have a super day, me and the dog are going hunting.

Mike
Yum creamed peas w/ new potatoes what time is dinner my grama used to make just creamed peas for me all the time when I was a kid, after she passed it took forever to find a good recipe like hers but I did now I love making them!!

Old 08-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Originally Posted by HappaRap
TNE and Dirty, where are ya'll
I'm here just not much to say if you can believe that

Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Morning PSAR

well another exciting day on Sunnyside Blvd yesterday evening.......................Ron pulled into the driveway & I see him pointing & cars slowing way down. So I go out there & he says there are 2 pigs from across the way running down the road, well about that time a lady & her son pull into our drive also & ask if they are ours, well NO but we will get them in. Well in the meantime someone came around the bend & HIT one so his buddy did NOT want to leave his side but I started herding him to where they came from, here I am in slippers & Ron's safety coat(hot) running down the road chasing a pig LOL, Ron was on the other side of the road helping well we got about 4 houses up & I see a State Patrol on a bike so I flag him down thinking maybe he can help w/ traffic & tell him the one pig got hit, he snickered which irritated me, next thing I know i hear a GUN SHOT :Q:Q:Q I told Ron "he just shot him" the cop rode up to the injured pig, got off his bike & shot it WITH ALL THE PEOPLE STANDING THERE, the one lady said "WHOA wait a minute" so she could turn her head & cover her ears!!! THE COP HAD TO SHOOT IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a horrible shot I'd say, my neighbor had to tell him it was the pigs nerves jerking & quit shooting it!!!! She said he was pretty upset OH WELL he just hopped back on his bike & took off :confused; so the owner of them FINALLY showed up, the surviving pig we finally got him in his yard. GEESH what a ZOO haha I was PO'D that the cop did that, I know the hurt one was hurt bad but man no Kuth(sp) at all!!!!!!!!!
So that was my evening & boy did I pay for it w/ PAIN in my heel I'm NOT a runner LOL

Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Dog and I couldn't find our quarry. Couple of feral cats have moved into the area and are killing off our semi-tame quail. Tried to tame them down with feeding but they won't come to the food.

DM that pig shooting tells me that officer did not know how to drop an animal for butchering. If they are looking at you draw an imaginary X from the right ear hole to the left eye and from the left ear hole to the right eye. Aim for the center of the X. Sure one shot kill with no meat damage and no muscle spasms. If they are looking straight away from you draw a line between the ear holes and aim centerline of the scull on that line so the bullet would come out the center of the mouth. Both of these shots are instant death and as humane as it gets.

Grandson came over and visited "Grandpa's gas station" this morning. His quad seems to use a tank about every two days or so. He's about got the dirt worn out in the area he ride around in. The grass has long since disappeared. His poor old dog must put on 10 or 15 miles a day just following him around.

Clouds are still covering the whole sky but raising. We can see the mountains again and the clouds are getting lighter colored. Maybe the rain is going to back off and let things dry out. It's only up to 72 degrees but we have a strong west wind.

Think I may have the picture thing figured out, will try to get some new pictures of the garden in the morning and get them posted up.

Have a cool and quiet day.

Mike

Old 08-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

[QUOTE=tencubed;2830090]

DM that pig shooting tells me that officer did not know how to drop an animal for butchering. If they are looking at you draw an imaginary X from the right ear hole to the left eye and from the left ear hole to the right eye. Aim for the center of the X. Sure one shot kill with no meat damage and no muscle spasms. If they are looking straight away from you draw a line between the ear holes and aim centerline of the scull on that line so the bullet would come out the center of the mouth. Both of these shots are instant death and as humane as it gets.

Yeah I'm sure they don't train them for that haha, but I bet I could of gotten it in ONE SHOT!!! IDK I kinda think it's common sense? Shoot it in the head the first time!! Just feel bad for the little guy having to go thru all of that!!
Ron did ask the owner in Spanish if he was having pork for dinner haha, that'd be some tough meat Ibet

Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Mornin' PSAR
Now that's what I'm talking about

Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by tencubed
Got some good news from the vet yesterday, been battling a bit of skin cancer for the past few months and it looks like everything is under control. No sign of any spreading from the places it started. Too many years of heavy sun exposure they say. Don't even have to go in for followup for three months. Mike
That's great news Mike

Old 08-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by warriorqueen
Brr it's getting cold out!
Feels great to me

Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HappaRap
Now that's what I'm talking about
I thought you'd like that!

Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

One of these days real soon I'm going to find out if I can cram my foot into a riding boot. Buckling it may be a different story.

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread