Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by tencubed

How's the ankle/foot doing Rod? Getting stronger by the day I hope.
Mike
Hi Mike,
The break in the foot is healed 100% but I'd say the ankle is at about 80% at best.
Sideways rotation range of motion is the worse. I can barely roll my foot to either side before it starts to hurt. I have to be real careful when I'm walking over uneven ground and rocks.
I't been 6 months now and I'm hoping that it keeps improving.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good mornin everyone

Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Morning PSAR!

Broken overcast and threatening to rain this morning. We need the moisture but I hope it holds off till next week. We have about 2000 feet of pipeline to bury this weekend.

That ankle will probably bother you the rest of your life Rod. It should get better over time but an injury like that is difficult to heal compleatly especially when you have to walk on it every day. Have you tried any DMSO on it? Sometimes works wonders.

So still out I could hear the dogs at the old Bromley place barking this morning. That's about 1 1/2 miles away. People that moved in there last month have a couple of really pretty Collies. Older couple, not at all friendly. Stopped in to introduce myself and invite them to stop for coffee when they saw us around the place and they looked at me like I'd just offered to axe murder them. Couple other folks got the same kind of reaction. Glad we don't share any fence line.

Have a great day.

Mike

Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Good Morning PSAR!

So still out I could hear the dogs at the old Bromley place barking this morning. That's about 1 1/2 miles away. People that moved in there last month have a couple of really pretty Collies. Older couple, not at all friendly. Stopped in to introduce myself and invite them to stop for coffee when they saw us around the place and they looked at me like I'd just offered to axe murder them. Couple other folks got the same kind of reaction. Glad we don't share any fence line.

Have a great day.

Mike
Don't cha just hate that!! Try to be neighborly & look what ya get NO I can't spell

Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Good Morning PSAR!

Broken overcast and threatening to rain this morning. We need the moisture but I hope it holds off till next week. We have about 2000 feet of pipeline to bury this weekend.

That ankle will probably bother you the rest of your life Rod. It should get better over time but an injury like that is difficult to heal compleatly especially when you have to walk on it every day. Have you tried any DMSO on it? Sometimes works wonders.

Have a great day.

Mike

DMSO will leave a nasty taste in your mouth though, even if you don't ever get it near ingesting it. Weird phenomenon once it absorbs into your skin. Interesting stuff though. I used it on my horse when she cut a tendon almost all the way through as a 3 year old. Severe tendon damage and she's healed up better than anyone would think from a cut tendon.

Gotta love unfriendly neighbors. Could be they have just never experienced the benefits of being or having good neighbors. Don't give up on them right away. Took a couple years for a few of mine to actually wave when they drove by, but then I am the girl with big dogs and guns(long story how I got that reputation, but I was on the right side of the incident), so I guess it might take some time for folks to realize that there are people who can be neighbors because it's good to have good neighbors. Umm, yeah. That's probably more than enough rambling from me. You know what I mean though.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh yeah, 8 days to Naches!

Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Good Afternnoon PSAR!

I hope all is going well with everyone. I've been busy with the little one. We didn't do a hole lot this past weekend, I was just exhausted so we watched tv and played with toys all day. Sounds fun huh.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by LdyJay
Oh yeah, 8 days to Naches!
I better take a day and get my gear together, haven't touched anything as of yet

Old 10-02-2009, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Man this has been a rough week!!! I am not sure how long my uncle is going to last. I started sleeping in a recliner to make sure he has anything he wants. He has only woke up a couple times in the last 48 hours. I'm not sure if he knows who i am or anyone else for that matter. I have been the only person that he seems to listen too. I'm not sure he will make it through the night. Terminal cancer is a horrible thing. On Monday he was making conversation and trying to eat and he hasn't eatin anything but a few popsickles since. I figured out how to get him to keep the popsicles down. Right after he would finish it i would have him lay back down and he would fall asleep. I have been praised for being here and taking care of him but it's so hard watching someone die.
I am staying out here in Chattaroy Indefinately from what my grama said. I'm not sure on the details yet but she keeps reminding me that i am here to stay and that she doesn't want to go to a Nursing home. Hospice of Spokane is better than I have imagined. Very helpfull people. The other night they had to come out to fix the sight for the morphine pump and he drove 45 miles to get here at 3 a.m. Anyhow you all have a great night....

Old 10-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread