Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning PSAR!

It's cold and windy over here today. 24 degrees with a strong NE wind. Blowing about 30 MPH and steady. Weather report says it's going to get colder over the next day or so.

Rod is working today! Must want that overtime. You'd have to offer some real enticement to get me out today. Used to work out in this kind of weather but being retired put an end to all that silliness.

We got a bunch of Christmas decorations up yesterday. SWMBO was chief of planning and direction, kids and grandkids were labor and I assumed the position of sidewalk superintendent. Had to do some light hanging and such just to get it done right of course. One tree upstairs, one downstairs (living room) and two more to put up this week. Another one will be either in the living or dinning rooms and one for the front porch. Course this wind today may make us rethink that front porch idea.

You all stay warm, I know DM will with her new "fireplace".

Mike

Old 12-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Originally Posted by Dazeys
It's going to be cold today and I'm heading to the Seahawks game,BRRRRRRRR.
Say hi to Jacob, he's working at the game today. He landed a job working events at the local event centers. Should work well with his class schedule...

Old 12-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by tencubed
Rod is working today! Must want that overtime. You'd have to offer some real enticement to get me out today.
Mike
Overtime???? What's that???
I'm self employed!

Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Overtime???? What's that???
I'm self employed!
That's when the self employed get to work extra to make what they would have made if things had gone just right the rest of the week.

Been there, done that but couldn't afford the shirt.

Mike

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good afternoon everyone

Old 12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by tencubed
That's when the self employed get to work extra to make what they would have made if things had gone just right the rest of the week.

Been there, done that but couldn't afford the shirt.

Mike
It's called having to work the weekends because the house wasn't ready during the week, forcing two days off during the week.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Got to spend 4.5 hours today to tune up my truck. Ugh. Which really only entails changing the plugs, but they are buried under the injectors, etc. It's distributorless ignition, but there is a coil on each sparkplug wire. Had a sparkplug and coil come off last night so had to replace the coil and plug on cylinder 6 anyway, and I've had the spark plugs to do the tune up for almost a year. I have been avoiding it because I knew it was going to be a project. Now I have confirmed why. BUT it does run happier now. Fun. Better than in the rain, I suppose.

Now to cook up a big batch of pulled pork for my coworkers for lunch tomorrow. Have a great night everyone. Stay warm.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Mornin'

Old 12-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Morning PSAR!

16 degrees with a NE wind again today. Sure glad we got all the garden water system buried this fall, low spots would have been busted open for sure by now.

Have to put out warm water for the cats a few times each day, dehydration kills a lot of critters in this kind of weather. Cattle water is getting to be a problem, have to let it run 24 hours now. Going to be a muddy mess around the troughs.

Have a nice, warm, winter day.

Mike

Old 12-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Mornin' PSAR

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread