Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evening PSAR HAPPY labor day wknd!!
HOme from camping, only one accident which of course was my husband! doing a whoolie in 3rd grab bar hit the gravel road, Ron missed the brake & the quad rode him for a while while he skidded across the gravel he's got some road rash & his whole right butt cheek is purple he is one sore sore guy!!! ended up I had to load the rv & trailer for the trip home UGHHH when is Trev gonna be old enough no problems for me though now just waiting for someone to unload them i don't like going backwards LOL

HOpe everyone had a good long weekend back to work tomarrow

Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Iv'e taken a few with my cell but they suck. I need to bring a real camera with me.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Originally Posted by Dazeys
Iv'e taken a few with my cell but they suck. I need to bring a real camera with me.
Hey Tony do you work on RV's ??? If so we are having an issue w/ ours, I've called 3 mobile RV repair places but they are out of business, so you are next actually Ron told me to call you! it is something electrical?? house batteries not charging they are brand new, maybe the inverter is bad maybe something isn't hooked up right who the hell knows, all I know is i'm getting sick of having to run generator all the damn time haha, also need someone to install/wire in a new gennie let me know my # is 425-231-2932

Old 09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Evening PSAR!

Quiet weekend around here, I've been doing some part time guard duty for the company my son works for. He's the area supervisor and runs short of people from time to time. Worked three shifts this weekend because of the holiday. Nuff of that, I'm retired.

That 130 HP quad sounds like a demon! I'd love to see that thing on the sand. Going to be something to try to use all that horsepower. OMG is right. Hope there's no OS!!! incidents.

Hap, you've been tooten for those down south walking hamburgers for so long it's amazing. Probably longer than that poor old quad has been dirty.

My quad got washed the other day, we had a rain shower. Course it had thunder and lightning involved and I was miles from an cover. Isn't that always the way? Least the ride didn't stink like wet horse.

Spent the whole day today trying to get four broken bolts out of a casting on the front of a tractor. Got one, three to go. Got them all thru drilled and PB Blaster soaking them. Heated them up good a couple of times and am hoping they come out tomorrow. Sure don't want to have to drill them oversize and tap them for bigger bolts. Be a trial getting the attaching devices drilled to fit.

DM tell that man to keep the rubber side down, skin grows back but it takes awhile. That problem with the house batteries not charging should be fairly simple. Some rigs use an isolator while others have a solenoid to control this. Few rigs even have a manual switch.

You folks all have a great evening.

Mike

Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

TC it does have a manual switch you turn it on for battery power or off, I was thinking maybe the switch was bad?? it's a battery disconnect switch you can buy them @ schucks maybe i should buy a new one to try that? I just wish we had someone who know what/how to test that stuff we don't like messing w/ electrical

Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an inverter that i took out of our trailer when I upgraded to a better one with a charge wizard. I could take a look at it for you.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Evening PSAR!

DM without throwing a meter on that thing and seeing where the power is and isn't it's hard to tell. If the batteries are not charging but will hold a charge when charged up from an outside source then it's something internal to the coach. But you had that figured out already. The switch you're speaking of may or may not figure into the equation. If you have a wiring schematic for the coach and since Dazeys has offered to look at it that's the route I'd take. With the schematic it should be reasonably straightforward to track down the problem.

Without a schematic it can be a real nightmare. Prior to having it looked at I'd sure try to come up with one. Most of the major manufacturers will sell you a complete service and repair manual for under a hundred dollars and it's money well spent. At current shop rates the cost of the manual would pay for itself in short order if you have to go that route.

Been a good day over here. Got one more broken stud out of that casting with only about five hours invested in the project. Had a guy come out and repair the wind damage on the roof. Cost a couple hundred less than he had estimated which made me happy. He did quite a bit more than we originally talked about. Found some stuff that was not apparent from the ground or a ladder at the edge of the roof.

No rejoinder from Hap? Must be busy munching on Longhorn Burgers.

Have a super evening.

Mike

Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 09-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Nothing much happening with me except work, work and more work.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

afternoon psar well the rv is now fixed yay we took it to a guy, Ron hooked the batteries up wrong GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR so $150 later it's TTLP thanks for the info all

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread