Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Well DANG I just got done pricing RV batteries [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] lowest ones were $120 ea. of course I need 2 haha, that was an Interstate, went to Pacific Power & they were high end $175, low end $135 YIKES
So I called up the father in law, just so happens he's getting FOUR new ones for his coach [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], his current ones are only 24 mo. old & hold a charge fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] so looks like we will get those to get us by at least WAHHOOOOO we may be camping again soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Larry I hope something good comes out of it I haven't heard back yet, I called the gal again but only got VM so I'm just watching the phone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kym,
If you end up buying Batts. get 6V. ones and run them in series. They are deep cycle and have thicker plates. They hold power alot longer and come back better after they have been drained.
I put a 3 stage converter/charger in my toyhauler. It charges them much quicker and maintains them better.
We are headed to Moses for the weekend (leaving Fri. morning). Have to try out new toys. I got a PC3,K&N and a HMF pipe for the Renegade. Last trip my quad was the fastest so my nephew rip out the motor from his predator and put in a Honda 600 street bike motor. Wants to beat me bad.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dazeys Kym, If you end up buying Batts. get 6V. ones and run them in series. They are deep cycle and have thicker plates. They hold power alot longer and come back better after they have been drained.</end quote></div>
If my house battery compartment contains two 12s, would I just run two 6s, only having a combined total of 12?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bing

joel,

tahuya, night before the poker run few years back, sitting by the fire late night with Sean having a beer talking about your kitty

you were right...</end quote></div>

I remember the night, but what did I say?

That was a great camp out.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod New cdi and the 400 lives and breathes again!</end quote></div>

Good Job, wait till you have to work on the 660, you'll be cussin and kickin it every which way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

Why would I have to work on it? It's not mine!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dazeys

Kym,

If you end up buying Batts. get 6V. ones and run them in series. They are deep cycle and have thicker plates. They hold power alot longer and come back better after they have been drained.

I put a 3 stage converter/charger in my toyhauler. It charges them much quicker and maintains them better.

We are headed to Moses for the weekend (leaving Fri. morning). Have to try out new toys. I got a PC3,K&N and a HMF pipe for the Renegade. Last trip my quad was the fastest so my nephew rip out the motor from his predator and put in a Honda 600 street bike motor. Wants to beat me bad.</end quote></div>

Thanks Tony [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that is what is in there now is 2 6v's that is what we are putting back in, I just have to remember to turn them off when not in use [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dazeys Kym, If you end up buying Batts. get 6V. ones and run them in series. They are deep cycle and have thicker plates. They hold power alot longer and come back better after they have been drained.</end quote></div>

If my house battery compartment contains two 12s, would I just run two 6s, only having a combined total of 12?</end quote></div>

Depends on how the two 12's are configured.

If they are paralleled on a single circuit then two 6's, in series, having the same or greater combined amp hour capacity as the combined amp hour capacity of the 12's would work. An alternative to this would be four 6's in two sets, of two each in series, with the two sets then in parallel.

If, however, the two 12's are on separate circuits then two 6's in series would be used to replace each 12. As before, the amp hour capacity would need to equal or exceed the amp hour capacity of the 12's being replaced.

There are also available 12 volt batteries that have the same deep discharge capability as the 6 volt house or "golf cart" batteries. Cost is right up there but they do take up a bit less space.

If one of the batteries in your compartment is the engine cranking battery it should not be replaced with a deep cycle battery as the deep cycles are not designed for the high amperage draw of the starter motor. Likewise it's hard on a starting battery to be subjected to the slow draw typical of an interior lighting load.

Mike

Old 07-10-2008, 04:14 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

howdy PSAR!

Happy 13th anniversary Brenda [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed If one of the batteries in your compartment is the engine cranking battery it should not be replaced with a deep cycle battery as the deep cycles are not designed for the high amperage draw of the starter motor. Likewise it's hard on a starting battery to be subjected to the slow draw typical of an interior lighting load. Mike</end quote></div>
I do have the ability to switch over and crank from house battery if engine battery is dead, have done that a few times, I'll take a look and shoot a picture of the battery setup this afternoon, post it and see what you think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Happy 13th Anniversary Bill and Brenda [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread