Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed

If those yellow lines are the property lines you have a bunch of trees and brush to maintain as well as the open area. Have you considered a small tractor with a bucket on the front? You could do your own leveling and use a chainlink fence section with weights for a drag to smooth things out. Properly done this would leave you an area easily mowed with a garden tractor, not a riding mower, or a mower deck for the small tractor. Lots of attachments available like rototillers, blades, harrows, cement mixers and sprayers. Take a look at the Kabota web site, they can vacuum your wallet real well. And you can have fun while they do it. Those little tractors are really handy around a place like that for ongoing landscaping and maintenance projects.

If your going to be a gentleman farmer you might as well do it up right.</end quote></div>

I haven't considered a tractor yet, though, I'm not sure I'll need one in the end. This coming year, I'll be having a shop built and I'll probably have the light grading done at that time. My goal is to have low maintenance land scaping. I have to pay attention to how I want to spend my spare time. I do enjoy taking on projects around the house when I have time. I just have to decide how I want to spend my spare time vs. hiring it out and getting it done. Last year I hired a guy to mow the lawn, weed the flower beds and do misc. land scaping, since the Mrs. and I were working so much. I think a tractor would be a kick in the pants, we'll see how the year progresses.

I'd like to take the 574 to the track a few times this year.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma

so does anyone have any suggestions on a asphalt paving company to get a bid from for our driveway? [img][/img]</end quote></div>

We used A-Asphalt for our driveway 5 years ago and had reasonable prices (the lowest quote at the time). I'm not sure if they're still around, they were from Arlington.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nwcutie

We do watch movies and play video games, but I get to screen/approve them first.

Don't mean to sound preachy, everyone has their own things and that is one of mine,</end quote></div>

I quit paying for TV in 2001, however I put up an antenna. 'da boy helped me install the antenna, but apparently didn't have a clue what it was for. A week later, he came to us and said the TV didn't work... He turned it on for us to show us that Cartoon Network wasn't on, just snow. Then I explained the beauty of channel 9... He hasn't watched TV since then, except for an occasional game show.

We do watch movies though.

You aren't preachy, you're involved. Keep up the good work!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Quad4Fun

Hey MB

Let me know if your buddy is interested in the 250ex.

$twenty five hundred

Plus a $one hundered finder bonus for you

Gotta get rid of soon

Can probably deliver most of the way up there also

Call me @ twofivethreethreeeightoneninezerosixzero

Same bonus for anybody else that can help sell

Thanks</end quote></div>
I went over there and talked to Vinny, he is now actually looking for a CVT driven machine do to her foot problems

Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

the brown truck left me a G Force axle, axle nut wrenches, and a chain [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 21arcticcat400

hey i just bought a new arctic cat dvx 400 and new at riding i was intrested in meeting new people to ride with and places to ride in the puget sound area iam from puyallup wa

thanks anthony</end quote></div>

welcome well this is the place to be. everyone normally posts on their upcomming rides and offer to anyone willing to go.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tnemaloney that is what happened to my quad wheel. the boys were racing around the front yard and the wheel was barley on.</end quote></div>

Dang, there are way too many stories of wheels falling off or not tightened down, should be checking them everytime before taking off [img][/img]</end quote></div>

haha now you tell me haha this happened right after we bought it. but i have a good redneck rig on it till i get to getting new rims.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 21arcticcat400

hey i just bought a new arctic cat dvx 400 and new at riding i was intrested in meeting new people to ride with and places to ride in the puget sound area iam from puyallup wa

thanks anthony</end quote></div>

Welcome to the thread Anthony!

Lots of good people on here to ride with.

We do a lot of chatting on here, not just talking about riding.

Hang around and meet us and you'll be doing the same.

Keep an eye on here and see when someone posts about riding, everyone is always welcome!</end quote></div>

Good morning and welcome, Anthony. This is a fun group. We have a couple of upcoming riding trips. My family is heading to Honeyman campground in Florence for presidents week. There is another family heading to Horsfall campground in the next 2 weeks I think as well. Both of these places are on the coast of Oregon - fun fun fun places to ride.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma

so does anyone have any suggestions on a asphalt paving company to get a bid from for our driveway? </end quote></div>

Storm Lake Paving.
They're pretty good and at a good price too.

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread