Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Josh you need to LIFT that baby [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] looks good

Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma

Josh you need to LIFT that baby [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] looks good</end quote></div>

the two inches is enough...dont want make my fuel mileage worse 20mpg is bad enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed

Here's a bit of a "head's up" for all you good folks.

The winch I ordered from Harbor Freight is one of those that has the box mounted on the motor and contains the receiver for the remote control and the relays associated with reversing the DC motor. On this box is a big warning "DO NOT OPEN". Well, after I got it off the motor and opened up I found out why. Inside is a small circuit board for the receiver and two tiny little 40 Amp rated relays like you would use on some cheap fog lights. Way to small to handle a winch if your going to do more than pull for a few seconds. They must not want folks to see how tiny these relays are. I was going to wire in the switch on the handle bars and also the remote but decided to just go with the bar switch as those little relays would have never supplied enough amperage to keep the winch from over heating.

I would suggest not paying the extra bucks for the remote systems unless you have the opportunity to be sure they are well built.

Think I'll use this remote setup for my sprayer, it's a low amperage draw and it would be handy to be able to turn it on and off without having a set of wires run from the spray trailer to the quad. At least the cost of the system won't be wasted.

Beautiful day over here, hope you all had the same.

Mike</end quote></div>

Is the winch you got specifically for ATV'S? Just curious [img][/img] we got DJ one from Harbor Freight also, don't know if it had a box that said do not open though but it is a remote one, this might be something I should tell him maybe? We got the 3000lb one</end quote></div>

Sounds like it may be the same one. The "box" is mounted on the winch motor and is about 3" X 4" X 3" high. Has one red and one black wire lead coming out of it. Winch is painted kind of a crummy camouflage green and black and comes with a cheap fairlead and base. Item # on the box is 95912.

Got to thinking about this and it would be easy to do a bit of rewiring on this box so you could control a decent winch relay with those little cheapies in the box.

For sure not a great setup.

Been taking down that old barn today and cutting the junk 2 X 6's into firewood for the stove. Must have got nearly a cord of the stuff today and barely made a dent in that building. At this rate I'll have enough firewood for a few years. Still have a couple of other smaller building to take down as well.

Temp got up to 56 deg here today. You folks have a great evening.

Mike

Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Dang, Giants lost, favorites are going down the tube, except for the Steelers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondablue the two inches is enough...dont want make my fuel mileage worse 20mpg is bad enough [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
Looks good to me, 20mpg is great, I can't get past 13.6, mine must be a lemon or I just suck at driving [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Josh,

Those are some colorful buildings you live around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondablue the two inches is enough...dont want make my fuel mileage worse 20mpg is bad enough [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Looks good to me, 20mpg is great, I can't get past 13.6, mine must be a lemon or I just suck at driving [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I take it that it's a diesel getting 20mpg? Looks like it's in nice shape.

And Larry, you probably need to put more than 20 miles a month on it to actually break it in so your mileage will increase. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondablue the two inches is enough...dont want make my fuel mileage worse 20mpg is bad enough [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Looks good to me, 20mpg is great, I can't get past 13.6, mine must be a lemon or I just suck at driving [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I take it that it's a diesel getting 20mpg? Looks like it's in nice shape.

And Larry, you probably need to put more than 20 miles a month on it to actually break it in so your mileage will increase. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Yep it's a diesel...I did get 22 mpg on one trip to portland but that was with the cruise set at 60 no traffic and no stops...it avg. 19 in my commute tacoma to seattle stop and go...so far I am very happy I traded my bronco for it...It has 3.73:1 gear ratio so that helps 72mph is 2000rpm

Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Is anyone going to the dunes for Presidents day? I am thinking sand lake...
Come on people DUNES....

Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondablue the two inches is enough...dont want make my fuel mileage worse 20mpg is bad enough [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Looks good to me, 20mpg is great, I can't get past 13.6, mine must be a lemon or I just suck at driving [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

Thanks to the EPA your new Powerstroke will never get as good of mpg as Josh's older Powerstroke.

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread