Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minnesota Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota Riders

haha, & shes always there, I would love some seats right benind the visiters penatly box, that would be great.......

Old 04-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: workin_hard247

How are the trails in CC? How do they compare to say Nemadji or Danbury? It looks like it is a pretty short trail system. What do you say?</end quote></div>

when we ride danbury, we start out at the fishbowl. then go way up to solin springs in douglas county . usually 125-150mi. round trip. aboutv 7- 8 hrs round trip..alot of 4th and 5th gear. you'd have a good time with us on your raptor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] cc andrews was very small.. you basically keep riding around in a circle and then want to leave, soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] ... there are a few of us who would like to get out next weekend or mabey friday (18) or monday(21).. mabey nemadji will open back up with the warm weather comming this week. or we are looking for somewhere else.....you're welcome to come along

Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigsled

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: workin_hard247

How are the trails in CC? How do they compare to say Nemadji or Danbury? It looks like it is a pretty short trail system. What do you say?</end quote></div>

when we ride danbury, we start out at the fishbowl. then go way up to solin springs in douglas county . usually 125-150mi. round trip. aboutv 7- 8 hrs round trip..alot of 4th and 5th gear. you'd have a good time with us on your raptor [img][/img] cc andrews was very small.. you basically keep riding around in a circle and then want to leave, soon [img][/img] ... there are a few of us who would like to get out next weekend or mabey friday (18) or monday(21).. mabey nemadji will open back up with the warm weather comming this week. or we are looking for somewhere else.....you're welcome to come along</end quote></div>

so you weren't impressed with the gravel pit at CC Andrews? I'm not sure we covered all the areas south of where we parked but the ride west and north of where we parked wasn't much in comparison to other ride areas.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minnesota Riders

I am always game for riding if my work schedule allows for it. I hope you are right; maybe Nemadji will open with the warm weather??? Unsure of what is open now. I guess just keep checking the web for status updates. I will check my map and see what your usual route is. It sounds like a TON of fun.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

You guys going riding this year in Danbury (Burnett County) will have to keep an eye out for sound testing going on similar to Black River Falls.

I called all the western counties in WI last week to get all their updated maps an any county specific regulations sent to me. Today I get Burnett county and along with a map I get some details about the county. They emphasized a new strict 96 db sound limit and that they have adopted the SAE testing procedures which will be strictly enforced, unlike in previous years. Also recieved a trail map and packet from Bayfield county. They have not only a 96db requirement but also a 40 mph max speed restriction (quoted as 24 hours a day). My assumption is that the speed limit on the trails in Bayfield county is primarily a result of controlling the snowmobile speed limits on the same trails used by ATV's during the summer.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Mike OMG U of all people posting about sound level LMFAO

Hmmm seems that I posted that same stuff about clark last year & was there 5Xs & was never checked for sound.....ya ya I know you were....

kind of funny how you are so up on the db level mins this year for everyone else, Seen how U are still doing testing on exhaust & repacking for major sponsers on your quad, but now you ride a bike....

Again you want your stuff tested come see me.

The BS paper you had on u & the **** U spued to the dnr saved your *** last time you got checked, ......good job...

Now that thers a few in the group buying after market exhaust & other mods w/ there superior fi quads U have been (talkin down to those doing so) saying there exhaust is to loud, & not going to do much for gains ect ect. you have been running after market exhaust from day 1 on your quads...you know the mods & the gains, STFU... U now hav a bike.... I think U could find another forum??? but thx for the update on the db levels man you are a fountian of info.....

So since you got your kids quad traded in, you & him should be around on your bikes right???

Old 04-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ZButcheR

Mike OMG U of all people posting about sound level LMFAO

Hmmm seems that I posted that same stuff about clark last year & was there 5Xs & was never checked for sound.....ya ya I know you were....

kind of funny how you are so up on the db level mins this year for everyone else, Seen how U are still doing testing on exhaust & repacking for major sponsers on your quad, but now you ride a bike....

Again you want your stuff tested come see me.

The BS paper you had on u & the **** U spued to the dnr saved your *** last time you got checked, ......good job...

Now that thers a few in the group buying after market exhaust & other mods w/ there superior fi quads U have been (talkin down to those doing so) saying there exhaust is to loud, & not going to do much for gains ect ect. you have been running after market exhaust from day 1 on your quads...you know the mods & the gains, STFU... U now hav a bike.... I think U could find another forum??? but thx for the update on the db levels man you are a fountian of info.....

So since you got your kids quad traded in, you & him should be around on your bikes right???</end quote></div>

are you OK?

The docuement I carried with me last year was a copy of the test of YFZ450 exhausts done by ATV Rider in Novemeber of 2004 which listed HP/Tq and noise output of 12 different exhausts. I'll show you the actual magazine and article so you can get your head on straight.

I don't care what anyone runs for exhausts. I like aftermarket products just as much as anyone else. All that I was doing was telling those that ride there what the county is sending out to those that requested maps and ATV trail information. This is new for 2008.

I personally called the Clark county ATV trail manager this year (his number is on the clark county website) and he mentioned nothing about sound testing to me directly for that county. It was Black River Falls/Jackson county that had begun sound testing last year. Thus the reason my quad was sound tested there along with ANYONE that had an aftermarket exhaust.

Now Burnett county is sound testing just like Jackson county.

I'm sure the others will thank me now that they know what they could expect for surprises along the trail in Burnett county. It should not be a surprise for you now either.

You?? I'm beginning to think all you want to do is argue. Alright, I allready know it but you are just substantiating it.

Ever hear of "don't shoot the messenger"?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

I'm fine thx for askin....yourself???

Dude Im not aruging w/ you, just you being rev god ALL the time when you rode your quad around people & making Excessive noise does not help anyone..

I could careless about your little test slip, I tested your quad & it was 118dbs @ Idle so its a good thing you did remove it...

I just found your post funny, Just seems to me last year you could of caredless about sound (expet the last ride) & now that some have aftermarket exhaust, UR looking for things to pick @, We all know that we are on the cusps of db level, Im sure your bike is close as well.....

Mike Like I said you are always a fountian of info....Thx for the update keep us posted if you find anything else..

The forum comment I made, sorry about that dude, please stay around so U can keep us all informed on the new ruels & such....

Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Burnett county

check out #3 OUCH......cya up there sometime after September 16 maybe???

Old 04-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ZButcheR

I could careless about your little test slip, I tested your quad & it was 118dbs @ Idle so its a good thing you did remove it...
</end quote></div>

I hope you don't think your $49 db sound tester from Radio Shack is anything but a commical joke.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Riders