Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minnesota Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota Riders

Wouldn't it be best to say, no aftermarket pipes in Wisconsin. I know in the past, most people just take them off and re-jet to ride in Wisconsin.

I have to say with those 4 stroke engines, a pipe, and 5 gears always changing, it is annoying to say the least. And I have straight pipe exhaust on my Duramax! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

At Redtop you can hear the 450's and Raptors from miles away. Sounds cool, but gets old fast.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Well I hav checked my 49$ metter to 2 sound boards that moniter sound/db levels all day & both are in commercial use. compaired to both those its very close...

So say what you will, your comment is just your view & is just that... I guess myself & the others would rather have a close idea w/ my 49$ meter then not knowing & all where we are @, & as you know very well a poorly repacked exhaust will not last long, 2/3 miles from the trailhead & you would be blowing it all over the trail!!! well atleast thats what I have seen....So as I see it as others do I guess we will use my commical joke to get a rough idea where we are @ & go from there......

The commical joke will be w/ me this year & hoping to see a dnr guy/gal I want to see how close there meters are 2 mine, but like w/ most meaters Im sure thers a +/- to it all....

Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ZButcheR

Well I hav checked my 49$ metter to 2 sound boards that moniter sound/db levels all day & both are in commercial use. compaired to both those its very close...

So say what you will, your comment is just your view & is just that... I guess myself & the others would rather have a close idea w/ my 49$ meter then not knowing & all where we are @, & as you know very well a poorly repacked exhaust will not last long, 2/3 miles from the trailhead & you would be blowing it all over the trail!!! & then your sound BLOWS out the door, well atleast thats what I have seen....So as I see it as others do I guess we will use my commical joke to get a rough idea where we are @ & go from there......

The commical joke will be w/ me this year & hoping to see a dnr guy/gal I want to see how close there meters are 2 mine, but like w/ most meaters Im sure thers a +/- to it all....</end quote></div>

Well at least you are trying. However you are forgetting two very important aspects of the SAE sound test which those DNR guys will follow very pricely. Just ask BS when they tested mine.

#1- distance and angle placement of testing unit

#2- 3750 rpm at test..

Now tell me how you ingeniously figured out how to run your quad at 3750 RPM without a tach and the ability to connect one? That doesn't even take into account why NO one involved with sound testing uses one from Radio Shack, well except you.

The only time a DNR guy will compare his sound equipment to yours is when he is sound testing your quad and then writing you a ticket.

BS and I asked if we could bring our quads down to BRF and meet them so that we could get sound tested and know if our exhaust systems were in within compliance. Big fat NO for an answer.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Roof you bring up a good point, we should but...atm I ride a few places where Im so close either way, dont want to switch back & forth but If I have to so be it. Im spot on now but after a ride or 4 it wont be but till then I guess I will take the risk.. But I think someday states will go that route, someday making it a law to have ONLY stock exhaust....& outlawing after market all together

Old 04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

hmmm seems to me you are the one who wants to argue.....

Old 04-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

hmmm seems to me you are the one who wants to argue.....</end quote></div>

Well last time someone tried to tip me off so I wouldn't have to spend $180 because of not knowing.. I hardly called it an arguement.

If anything just find a quiet core and use it in areas where they test and are more stringent on noise control. You can easily switch the mapping for reduced flow and your good to go for the day.

I really liked my Jardine exhaust on my YFZ and it gave VERY good power especially when out in Glamis and I didn't have run the sparky. When I stuck the stocker on it went slower but it was quieter.

Unfortunately the noise issue is being stepped up by the DNR due to complaints in areas where there are residences nearby. I'm sure that is the only reason Clark county is not testing since you don't ride near any homes while on the trail system that I recall.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minnesota Riders

With all of the exhaust talk... I run an White Bros E2 Silencer exhaust. I have two inserts; one is a silencer and the other is just a filler ring. A HUGE difference between the two in dB's. Is this something similar to anyone else's set-up?

Went riding today on our private prop, five of us, it is always fun.

In anyone's experience, are the DNR (WI or MN) pretty ruthless? I have had very limited experiences.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MNRAP

hmmm seems to me you are the one who wants to argue.....</end quote></div>

Well last time someone tried to tip me off so I wouldn't have to spend $180 because of not knowing.. I hardly called it an arguement.</end quote></div>

What????

quiet core lol its in take it out its pushing about 5 less then I tested yours @

Old 04-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: workin_hard247

With all of the exhaust talk... I run an White Bros E2 Silencer exhaust. I have two inserts; one is a silencer and the other is just a filler ring. A HUGE difference between the two in dB's. Is this something similar to anyone else's set-up?

Went riding today on our private prop, five of us, it is always fun.

In anyone's experience, are the DNR (WI or MN) pretty ruthless? I have had very limited experiences.</end quote></div>

In Black River Falls, when they are out on a mission, no excuse will get you any good will no matter what.. They have in the past been pretty decent in Danbury and also in Clark county just ensuring sparky's and valid registration.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

But you & I have also ran into a few dnr guys/gals that were only looking for tags & could of caredless of sound or anything els for that matter I think

Quick Reply: Minnesota Riders