Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MN. and Wis. Riding Groups

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008 | 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MN. and Wis. Riding Groups

If you don't mind a bit of a drive from Appleton you can check out the Juneau trail (Town of Juneau, not county). It's about 19 miles from end to end if I remember right. Old railroad right of way, so long and flat. Shared trail with snowmobiles, so the long straights let you open it up a bit yet still be able to see oncoming traffic in plenty of time to slow down and move over.

I rode the trails up by Black River Falls last weekend with a larger group of people (4 sleds and 28 quads). Very nice trail system, we put on over 130 miles during the weekend, and that was with frequent stops. Lots of hills and curves on that trail. It's an ATV trail in summer, but in the winter they open it up to snowmobiles as well. There are a few good long straights to open it up on, but in the woods you will want to be very cautious, as there are alot of blind hills and corners. Really nice ride though.

Hope this help! =)

-Brad

Old 02-28-2008 | 03:27 PM
|
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

Thanks for the info. 400atindeerfield

Old 02-28-2008 | 04:23 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone ride on Lake Winnebago? anyone know the rules? I see assume that ATVs are allowed on the frozen lake to pull around ice shanties and stuff, anyone know the best spot to get on at?

Old 02-28-2008 | 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm pretty sure you are required to have floats to run on the lakes. Other than that I would assume you could get on at any boat landing?

Old 02-28-2008 | 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Floats? Do those guys running the ice bikes and sleds have floats? I only ask out of ignorance. Is that some sort of emergency device? (again excuse the ignorance)

Old 02-28-2008 | 06:00 PM
|
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jam53142

Anyone ride on Lake Winnebago?

Your first post says ride "on" the lake Winnebago, Do you mean around that area.

Old 02-28-2008 | 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

Oh, I meant on the FROZEN lake winnebago. I asked around and found out its pretty common.

Old 05-27-2008 | 05:34 PM
Range Rover

Hi Bio - I didnt know you started this thread!! Very kewl!

Hey to everyone else!!
Im near Eau Claire, WI and want to invite people to check out the Wisconsinites thread in ATVNATION.COM. The whole site is full of great riding info and get togethers. I'd like to share more of this with everyone as time goes!

It would also be fun to start posting get togethers here for rides and share it with the atvnation gang....

This weekend I went camping at East Arbutus with Bioware, Zizzard and Super400. WE rode, played in the mud and had a great time! The weather was good except for a thunder boomer Sat night. It washed off some of our mud for sure!

Everyone be safe on the trails and wear protective gear - we want you to be around for the next ride!

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey staremwi,Bio,Dan.Just thought i'll post and say that i had a good time over the weekend.might go riding with todd this weekend... AGAIN![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Anyway,hey stare hope your feeling better after that little spill,most people would of called it quits for the day but not you.You stood tall...good girl!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]l

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

We were up that way this past weekend. The first day we rode from Millston up to Hatfield. Was pretty dusty out on the trail! The second day we went out through Millston and hit the wildcat loop. The rain Saturday night was short, but managed to knock the dust down considerably.

Who knows, we may have all passed each others groups out on the trails. =)

Quick Reply: MN. and Wis. Riding Groups