Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Missouri Bound

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missouri Bound

Finger Lakes does have alot of pretty steep hill climbs, but there is also plenty of flat normal trails you can stay on without attempting the large hill climbs. There is also alot of ruts, I have taken my 11yr old son there we just avoid the steep hills and can have a good time all day. But I have heard of alot of ppl getting hurt there, most of which are from the hill climbs.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

Thanks for the help ya'll. We're gonna give finger lakes a try, I'll just make sure to steer clear of the bad stuff. I don't want to scare the wife to the point of not wanting to ride again. Also I think I'm going to try St. Joe at some point. I thought it was near St.Joe Missouri which would be quite a drive from here(St. Louis) but now that I know that it's in Park Hills it would be closer than Finger Lakes.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

Would definitely put Chadwick on your list. Not to knock Finger Lakes, but it was a strip mine. Lots of small lakes, and some straight up hills. Fun and challenging. At Chadwick, you can ride a weekend and not hit same trails, and stay in bottoms and valleys and not get too technical. And a more natural landscape. Im from St Louis area also, and go to Chadwick more than other 2 combined. A plus for St Joe, is very close.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

I have heard chadwick is a great place to ride, I just havent made it down there yet to give it a shot, its about 4hours south of me and with gas prices atm thats not a very economical trip heh. Hope to make it down there sometime this year tho.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

650mobrute-I was going once a month, but just as you said, gas is killing me at 11MPG!! And the 800 gets about the same. You need to get down there and ride, great place, bet you would have a good time.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

I've heard through the grapevine that Finger lakes is almost too muddy to ride right now because of all the rain we've had. With alittle luck I'm gonna try to hit St.Joe this weekend,it's the only one I have time for right now. I can't remember the last time I've had to work on a weekend but since we've gotten our bikes I've worked EVERY friggin weekend![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

St Joe has a lot of tailings (sand). There are hills that surround the sand, that have tons of short trails. I think they may have put a map together?? Not sure on that. As hot as it has been, they have good swimming lakes/beaches. You can go for a ride, pull up and jump in to cool off. Don't know how the fishing is. Campgrounds are nice and fairly shaded. Good place.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Range Rover
Default Missouri Bound

St Joe Park Is the best Ive seen In a while,They furnish you with maps and with the trails being marked you cant get lost and there is a little bit of everything for everybody!Great Place!

Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: coyote170

St Joe Park Is the best Ive seen In a while,They furnish you with maps and with the trails being marked you cant get lost and there is a little bit of everything for everybody!Great Place!</end quote></div>

I agree, the wife and I finally got to go there yesterday. We had a blast, mud,hills,sand,what more could you ask for!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Missouri Bound

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 650Mobrute

Well I dont know how to contact the guy who owns it, his cell number is on the sign ouside of the gate but I failed to write it down...ok the Easiest way I know to get to the Farm is Highway 11 east out of Kirksville towards Adair, The Road you turn off on is the VERY Last Gravel road heading south (right) before you hit Adair, (we miss the road almost every time) if you miss it you will be in Adair so turn around leave and take the first left. Follow the gravel road for approx 2-3 miles you will finally see an old decrepid house with a sign out by the road saying "this way the farm". They guy who runs it might not be there in the morning, but he leaves a sign out with a phone number on it to get in touch. He usually tells you to open the gate and go on in he will catch up to you later. 5$ a head to get in, no helmets or flags required, have to sign a waiver. have fun!</end quote></div>

PM me his # if you ever go back again. I would make a trip out of that!!!

Quick Reply: Missouri Bound