Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

South East Michigan trails and tracks

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't visited these, but I'm looking for information from those that may have. A trail system called The Mounds in Mt. Morris and an MX track for quads in Imlay City. If you haven't been to these, but have info on others in the area please let me know.

Hillside Hawk
1994 TRX300EX

Old 01-24-2001, 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

check michiganatv.com he has a few pics and ya can email him about info please post any info ya get

Old 01-24-2001, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hawk,
I live 7 miles from the Mounds.It is open Mon-Sat from 8am till dark.Cost for non residence is 7 dollars per day.Sunday,they dont open until 12 noon till dark.If you go between Dec 15th and March 15th,nobody is tending the pay booth ever,and you can get in for 0000.There is 200 acres of mud,small and some steep hills,and whoops.

March 15th of EVERY yr,until May 15th of the same yr,the Mounds only has 10 acres of area open for riding,its a court order and there are NO exceptions.I ride the Mounds about 25-30 times a yr.I hope this helped you out.

I have NO knowledge about any LEGAL riding area in Imlay city,sorry,
Bill

Old 01-26-2001, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks a lot Bill. Now I have one more concern. What are the current conditions? Is it worth while riding or is the snow too deep? Do you know if its being ridden so there will be tracks to help us navigate since we haven't been there before? Is the off limits area clearly marked or are we on our own.

A lot of questions for ya', I sure do appreciate any info you can give.

Old 01-26-2001, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

yes they do have a quad track in imlay city and goddels .it is called faircross.It is only set up when the fair is going on.they have a couple races each summer.

Old 01-26-2001, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hawk,
Not only are the off limits clearly marked,they are ''fenced off'' so you CANT ride them after March 15th.

Last Saturday I road the Mounds with my 4x4 Xplorer.I seen 2 blasters riding around very well.The thing with last wk was the snow was about a foot deep,however,it was frozen solid so your quad rode on the top of the snow,amazing!

The wk before that,the snow was still pretty powdery,and the 2wd ATVs SANK in way to far and got stuck very easily.I wound up pulling a guy on his Blaster back to the parking lot cause it was so bad.

My nephew and I are going to go to the Mounds tommorrow around 11am or so.He will be taking along my wifes 2wd Recon,so figure on me coming in here tommorrow night and giving you a full report on how the Recon did,that should more closly answer your riding questions.

I would be more than happy to show you guys the Mounds and get some riding in,I know that place better than the mosquiteos do!Tell me when you want to go,my schudule is presently open to most any time or day until March.
Bill

Old 01-28-2001, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hawk,
We rode yesterday afternoon for awhile.It was rough going at first for the Recon because my nephew kept going off trail and was getting stuck.I informed him to STAY on the trailhead and everthing went fine than.

We are suppose to have some pretty good rains this coming Tuesday,that should really melt some of the snow out there.I'll keep in touch and let you know,
Bill

Old 01-29-2001, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

Bill,

Great information and I'm sure we would like to take you up on the offer to show us around the Mounds. Please e-mail me so I can contact you by e-mail or phone when I pull a plan together.

Ready to Thump!
Hillside Hawk
1994 TRX300EX

Old 01-31-2001, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

There's also a good MI ATV forum at http://www.michiganforums.com under the off the road section.

Old 01-31-2001, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Bill,
I want to go to the Mounds this weekend. I wanted to email you, but your email address isn't listed. I have created a simple email list a few weeks ago to get the Michigan Riders organized. See my links below my signature. My email is jefffoxsr@home.com note the 3 letter F's

Quick Reply: South East Michigan trails and tracks