Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wolf Pen Gap Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolf Pen Gap Ride Report

Well we're back and we had just a exceptional time. We stayed at Wolf Creek Springs which is relatively new and the cabin was outstanding. The place is located off Hwy 8 on Polk 57 and is a 1/4 mile from trail 2, owner is very down to earth and friendly. Sit on the front porch and watch the deer. We encountered deer, turkey, owls, rattle snake and an abundance of other wildlife on this ride. Since we were there during the week we only saw 2 other groups out on the trails. The trails are free of trash and were in great shape thanks to the 3 days of rain that proceeded our arrival. The trails are well marked from mild to extreme, trail 3 (Hawks Overlook ) was the most extreme we encountered at the peak it is all rock and tricky. I rolled my vinson and sprained a knee but we uprighted it and finished the ride to the end where we hooked up to trail 5 which is where we saw the turkey and rattle snake. All said and done it was a EXCELLENT TIME! We plan to go back in October for a fall color ride. Anyone wanna join in? Enjoy the pics, just click to enlarge them

Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Really nice pics. Looked like a nice place to ride.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Range Rover

If you are going back in October maybe you can make the Fall ATV Rally we are planning. Info will be up soon at The Arkansas Trail Blazers ATV Club web site.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.arkansastrailblazers.com/.
">http://www.arkansastrailblazers.com/.
</a>
Bill at Wolf Creek is a super nice guy and his camp will be the base for the rally. We are planning day and night rides and may even make a night ride over to Fourche Mtn if enough people want to go.
Should be a good time.
Procedes will go towards helping keep trails open.
You mentioned that the trails were clean. Kudos to the Ouachita ATV Club out of Mena as they have adopted thr WPG trails and have placed trash cans around the system and are picking them up.

Hope to see you there even if you do not attend the Rally.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

We would enjoy joining you but depends on the dates. We are looking at Oct 17-20

Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Range Rover

We are scheduled the week befor that

Old 08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Would like to join you buthave other comittments the week before

Old 08-23-2008, 02:32 AM
No Ruts, No Glory

Howdy guys....am looking for info on riding areas in Arkansas....normally we make a trip to the Paiute Trail in Utah, but gas prices have caused a change in plans to go somewhere closer to home (texas)

I would really appreciate as much info as you can give me, especially links, about the riding areas in Arkansas.

We may have a rider who needs to rent an ATV, are there areas that have ATV rentals near or on site?

Old 08-23-2008, 02:32 AM
No Ruts, No Glory

Howdy guys....am looking for info on riding areas in Arkansas....normally we make a trip to the Paiute Trail in Utah, but gas prices have caused a change in plans to go somewhere closer to home (texas)

I would really appreciate as much info as you can give me, especially links, about the riding areas in Arkansas.

We may have a rider who needs to rent an ATV, are there areas that have ATV rentals near or on site?

Old 08-23-2008, 07:25 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TexasRoadlawyer

We may have a rider who needs to rent an ATV, are there areas that have ATV rentals near or on site?</end quote></div>

If you go here http://www.arkansastrailblazers.com/ and click on links you will find links to AOCA (Arkansas Off Highway Vehicle Conservation Association)which has a maps page of all Arkansas riding areas. It also has links to the Quachita ATV club out of Mena which I think may have some ATV rentals. I am sure you can get most info you need through that link.
For the rest of this year you are able to ride anywhere in the Ouachita forest that is not signed as closed, bermed or gated.
In the Ozark forest you can only ride the areas that are sown as open on the forest service map. You can obtain thier maps by going to ozraknationalforest.com

Hope this helps.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.gomenaarkansas.com/cabins.asp

Look here for you lodging, we stayed at Wolf Creek Springs. Easy access to the trails, peaceful, great owner and a fully furnished cabin, $96 per day