Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in S.E. Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in S.E. Louisiana

Very new rider(s) here. I am looking for places to take my wife and kids riding near Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I know about the spillway in Norco ( I was at least half of it is opened) and plan on taking them there tomorrow but is there anywhere closer to Baton Rouge? Is there anything else the within a couple of hours that would be good?

You know, I am hobby addictive and I can already tell (we haven't even hit the trail yet) that I am going to be spending lots of time and money riding! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It makes it even better that the whole family can join in.

Brandon

Old 11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm also from the area...Watson, La....going to TN for Thanksgiving however Alexandria about 2 hrs away has many miles of trails...maybe we can hook-up as well...I also take the family on trips.....kevin

Old 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

My cousin and his friends went to Redcreek on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. It's about 3 hrs from Baton Rouge but I hear it's a great place to ride. Here's a link to the website:

http://www.redcreekoffroad.com/

58n65

Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

K, we have been to the Spillway a bunch now and like it. Last friday we saw a 6 foot and an 8 foot alligator sunning on the bank of one of the little creeks/rivers that run through it. The kids were really excited. We were going to go to Silvercreek Campground this weekend but the rain canceled that trip. So far the only places I have heard about kinda near Baton Rouge are
1) The spillway
2) SilverCreek campground
3) Redcreek

I imagine there are some other places that are private property but I am not too interested in getting a ticket and setting that kind of example for the kiddos...

Hey Kevin, how was the Alexandria trip? What is the name of the trail/place where you went?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

i would like to see more pics of the spillway. about 1 hour drive.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

The place near Alexandria is awesome. It's actually about 20-30 minutes south of Alexandria, closer to Woodworth, in Forest Hill. We call the place Claiborne (not sure what it's really called). We're going ride there this coming weekend. Can't wait. It's an awesome place. Miles and miles of mostly trails to ride on... got some mud and hills too. If you go to like Google maps or something and follow Highway 165 north from Forest Hill, you'll get to Highway 112 on the left. From there, you'll find the fourth marked road on the right, FS258RD. Follow that road to then end and you get to a little parking lot and that's it!

EDIT: just found a link...
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/kisatchie/ohv/index.html

There's also a place north of Alexandria somewhere in Colfax. Never been there, only barely heard of it.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im from Alex so if yall plan on coming this way anytime soon let me know and we can meet up and ride