Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif. Snow Ride????

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So. Calif. Snow Ride????

You guys have the castle doctrine in california?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it is "official", but yes in the sense that the courts have upheld the principle.

Actually, most folks think it is very restricted here, but if you read the laws carefully, there are all kinds of "exceptions" that allow you to be armed most of the time (even without a CCW). For example, if you are camping, you can have a loaded, concealed weapon in your campsite, because it is your "home" (castle doctrine) while you are occupying it.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

Good to hear CA is not as bad as some think.... same could be said for NY..... I have a concealed carry permit that is good for all of NY except within the 5 boroughs of NYC. To carry in NYC I'd have to go and get permission from every local judge in each district I was going to be passing in. But here in upstate freedom still rules for the most part. Probably not unlike CA once away from the big cities.

As far as Glocks and Rugers being off the list, I have to wonder if they will "expire" too.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wayne are you bragging again about beautiful Southern California again huh? Dude lets go riding this April 5th weekend. How bout Miller? should be passable huh? let me know

Originally Posted by reconranger
So I guess you slept through geography class????

The state is huge, so there is an immense amount of varied terrain. We have many mountain rangers and all of them catch a lot of snow. I have seen the Sierra get 50-100 feet.....home to many world class ski areas!

I look out my window at a 12,000' mountain. We have the best of both worlds! In 30 minutes I can be up in the mountains playing in the snow, yet live down in the valley where I don't have to deal with it on a daily basis. In an hour drive from my house, I can be at the beach, or high desert, or low desert (Glamis), or the mountains......or go out my back door and ride "hills" that would be called "mountains" in West Virginia where I grew up.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/

http://www.onthesnow.com/calif...i-area/skireport.html

I can see the back side of this place from my house: http://www.snowsummit.com/index_winter.php

Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

We need to ride the desert before it gets so hot it's impossible. What about Rasor/Afton Canyon, or even Calico this weekend???? Ocotillo would work too!