Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

where to ride in NEW JERSEY

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009 | 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default where to ride in NEW JERSEY

to dropin1984 could I park a tahoe W trailer at any of those spots in south central jersey. Ill keep it a secret I'm a benny and big blue fan

Old 01-22-2009 | 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dropin1984

i just moved from south central jersey oceean county and you can ride for days out there. just dont let the locals know your from that far north!</end quote></div>

Old 01-28-2009 | 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Conman58usa

Its in passaic county mountain rest is a biker bar when you get there stop in say hello to Bob his the owner tell your going for a ride ask if its ok to leave your truck or trailer in the lot after your done tell you will be back for lunch very intresting place google gould st west milford</end quote></div>

The echo lake area is pretty nice. I always wanted to try riding there. I've had my truck back there many times and never knew of a good place to unload bikes.

I normally go to a spot in Ogdensburg, NJ, I unload at my uncle's house and take off into the trails through his backyard.

There are a TON of places to ride in Northern, NJ, but they are all illegal so you jsut need to talk to the right people about where its safe to park.

Old 01-29-2009 | 06:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

We've been to the mine in ogdensburg looks like a good spot someone told me to go near craigmere. I need better directions its around the newark water shed he told me as long as you keep movin it should be allright . there is a dead end to park have to get better directions

Old 01-29-2009 | 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Conman58usa

We've been to the mine in ogdensburg looks like a good spot someone told me to go near craigmere. I need better directions its around the newark water shed he told me as long as you keep movin it should be allright . there is a dead end to park have to get better directions</end quote></div>

I've been going up in that area for 3 years and only saw the rangers twice and I've just turned around. They know better than to try to chase down a kid on a quad when they are in a pickup truck.

Old 02-26-2009 | 11:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

theres a good spot in jersey city its behind an old night club called foxes u will in have lots of fun and noone *****s with u

Old 02-27-2009 | 07:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

To dropin 1984 are those spots in south central jersey still acsesable? I need to park a trailer and a Tahoe. Does anybody bother you there?

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

I live up by newark watershed but unfortunally an atv'r rolled his quad over and died in January up here. They used to look the other way for atv's but now his family is suing The newark watershed for letting him illegally ride there and as a response to this the watershed is now patrolled by a security company of x-police on atvs and last weekend they had state police in there on horseback ticketing for trespassing and impounding any and all atv's.

I have been riding these wonderful trails for over ten yrs and have even been riding with local off duty police however due to this unfortunate incident and the familys decision to sue. this area is now a definate now ride zone. Unfortunatly there is now no other riding up here anymore and I just wasted money on a new atv for my son only for this to happen...

Old 03-16-2009 | 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Wolfjon Sorry to here about that kid There really is nothing local looks like PA and upstate NY if you here of anything closer let me know I'll do the same good luck .
Conman

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I live in Hunterdon county and went to this quarry where people ride. I forgot the name of it, but it is located off Rt 78 between Exit 12 and 11. They have two train tunnels that go 1 mile through a mountain. One is active and the other is abandoned and usually has 1-2 ft of water in it. I used to park at a clients house I use to service and use their property to get access back there. There is places to park, but not sure exactly where. The place is huge and you can ride along side the railroad for miles and miles.

It is one of those illegal places, but there is some private land that the local farmer allows people to ride on, provided you stay off his feilds where his crops are planted. There is a nasty swamp back there, that I got stuck in once when I had my stock wheels on.

I'm going out to PA next week to get a permit and ride at Anthracite coal companys 22,000 acre land. The permit is only $100 for the year and you need to have insurance, and drivers license with you, and I think registration. It's real cheap to insure your quad, I got full coverage for only $121 a year with Progressive. So me and a bunch of buddies are going to Reading Anthracite next Thurs, I never been there yet but have seen some video footage of thge place on you tube and this place is HUGE! If anyone is looking for riding buddies, PM me. I plan on hitting up Reading Anthracite alot this year, it's like an hour and a half drive from what my friend told me and you can ride from sun up to sunset all year round, only rule is to not ride where they are actively working on the property.

Quick Reply: where to ride in NEW JERSEY