Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for places to ride in Central New York.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 03:20 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Looking for places to ride in Central New York.

We're in the Syracuse area. We're looking for places to ride. We don't mind traveling an hour and a half or so.

We have little riders (7, 11 and 15) so we need trails that aren't to difficult. We wouldn't mind joining a ATV club or two.

Thanks, NYH1!

Old 02-08-2009 | 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

We are going to be hosting a couple "open rides" on our property this summer. Not sure of the exact dates yet....... Our place is not very big (130 acres) but we do have a variety of trails and tracks that the younger riders can easily handle. Its not much for "exploration" since its not that large, but there are several "go fast" sections.

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:03 PM
|
Trailblazer

That sounds good! Are you in the Syracuse area?

Old 02-09-2009 | 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

We are about 40 miles south, just outside Cortland.........just the opposite side of RT-81 from Greek Peak.....Same exit as CNY Powersports.

We are also looking at doing a charity race/ride, like a 10 hour endurance race or something to that effect. My wife is on the board for the American Cancer Society so we are trying to perhaps to something through them. But that won't be until later in the summer.....

Either way if you'd like, send me PM and we can exchange emails......unless you don't mind putting yours in the thread, so we can keep in touch. I'm hoping it gets warm and stays warm......We need a serious melting attack to get the trails open.....I'd say right now there is still probably 30 inches of snow still out there.......

Only things we ask is that your machines are in good working order, and full gear MUST be worn.

By "full gear" we generally mean helmets, goggles, gloves, boots, and long pants. We try to get people to wear long sleeves too, but that one is negotiable in the summer. Chest protectors are highly recommended, for a while we were making them mandatory for kids under 18 but that one has been violated with permission so we've let people slide on that one. We realized that not that many people have them. If you don't have riding boots, some sort of leather work-boot is OK, just no sneakers. There is a waiver/release you will have to sign also - typical standard one for most riding areas. Other than that we just ask that people have fun and don't disturb the beaver dams. There is a DEP protected area on the property that we cannot ride in but there are no trails there anyway.

Old 02-10-2009 | 06:19 PM
|
Trailblazer

ss97, I sent you a PM. Thanks!

Old 02-24-2009 | 09:22 PM
Range Rover

I live more near binghampton but you can try the www.nyatvonline.com website they do all the off road stuff for ny and have spots all over the state - Joe

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:50 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: NYH1

ss97, I sent you a PM. Thanks!</end quote></div>

Got it....I'll get in touch when the snow melts....Of course it has to STOP before it can melt.....

Old 03-04-2009 | 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, is this trail offer for anyone? I'm not too far from cortland and am always looking for a place to ride. Also to NYH1- Tug Hill is an awesome place to ride legally. You just need to be registered and insured but it's well worth it. I went a couple of summers ago and loved it. It's just too far for me to travel just to ride, but not as far for you. I enjoyed the Loweville area the most. Only problem is that they get a ton of snow up there and you have to wait until snowmobile season is over.

Old 03-05-2009 | 08:06 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rockin_450r

Hey, is this trail offer for anyone? I'm not too far from cortland and am always looking for a place to ride. Also to NYH1- Tug Hill is an awesome place to ride legally. You just need to be registered and insured but it's well worth it. I went a couple of summers ago and loved it. It's just too far for me to travel just to ride, but not as far for you. I enjoyed the Loweville area the most. Only problem is that they get a ton of snow up there and you have to wait until snowmobile season is over.</end quote></div>

Well we are planning a charity event for the American Cancer Society...... we are looking at doing perhaps a 10 or 12 hour charity ride/race........ it will be done in relay fashion where your team will have to ride for 10 hours.....or something of that version...... We have not hammered out all the details.....we are thinking 10 hours with up to 5 riders per team or something to that affect.......

But we will be looking people if you are interested. Send me a PM with your email info and I will put you on the list. We are not sure exactly how much interest or how many people we want to fit on the 2.5 mile loop we plan on using.