Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Jackson and Clarck county trails

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackson and Clarck county trails

Thinking of riding the Jackson and Clark county trail system this summer. What are they like?

Old 03-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

I would say the southern trails in Jackson are more sandy trails and flowing.... The north trails Clarke seem to be more fire road gravel type trails...

Alot of times there is alot of traffic and you must be very carefull..
Depends on the conditions with rainfall if there is any mud or washouts(closed areas)....Be wise...Check trial conditions and closings.. I am sure someone will chime in with their best responses and experiences...We have only ridden each area once in the summer season...Happy Trials.

Nick

Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Trailblazer

Nice area to ride, You can spend a day on the trails and not get through all. Connecting towns are fun to go to and see. Check out the Bunkhouse its a neat place. Stay on the trails

Old 03-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately stay on the trails - the DNR is quick to close trails once too many start trailblazing to get around mudholes etc.

As said above, the Jackson Co. trails are more sandy. Once there's a few weeks of traffic some of the woop areas can seemingly go on forever. There's really only a few trails but all are long. Of them all, I like the Milston loop the best - the most woodsy trail of them all in Jackson Co. The trails are wide and safe - the biggest danger in riding in the BRF area is from other ATV traffic. Sometime In June the big black flies will arrive - very annoying.

Clark County has a fair variety of trails, ranging from ATV routes (paved roads) to a few sandy and winding trails like up at the Sisters. Most are wide and straight fireroads - great if you feel that "need for speed". In both counties, there are several choices of pubs that are accessable by ATV - good for both food and fuel.

Most boring trail ever - The Clark Co. trail to Mondovi. 40 miles of nothing but old railroad bed with stop signs every few hundred yards. At least there's a pub at the end of the line. Unless delayed by weather related poor trial conditions, trails should open on May 15th.

Jaybee

Old 03-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Is a nice trail system. Depending on the time you go trails may be pretty dusty in dry times. Clark is more wide open until you get to the northern part by Rock Dam. Jackson is more wooded & twisty and has more puddles. Clark has play areas usually with jumps and a puddle in it. Hatfield is the town between the 2 counties and depending how the riders have been they sometimes shut down the connector between the 2. Clark is usually a bit less bumpy than Jackson.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys.booking a cabin for along weekend probably, second weekend in June,probably 8 of us lookin forward to it

Old 03-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Here is link to Black River Falls area. Fortunately I usually stay at the mother in laws comfy bed, good chow. But if the club goes we stay at the best western in BRF as we have a mix of campers & hotel types. That Bunkhouse sounds interesting.

http://www.blackrivercountry.net/

Trending Topics

Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both trails are good, I go about four times a year. Just need to be careful alot of riders out on the weekends need to slow down in the corners, plus alot of kids go with there parents. I have seen alot major injuries every year because some people are dumb drinking and riding, they either hurt them self or there friends get hurt.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: [b]north8fan[b]
Thinking of riding the Jackson and Clark county trail system this summer. What are they like? </end quote></div>

one of the best trails systems i have rode, lots of trails, go with someone who knows there way around, Thay can take ya on a 200mile+ ride in a day...
or i could [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BioWare

Both trails are good, I go about four times a year. Just need to be careful alot of riders out on the weekends need to slow down in the corners, plus alot of kids go with there parents. I have seen alot major injuries every year because some people are dumb drinking and riding, they either hurt them self or there friends get hurt.
</end quote></div>

That means everyone.....

BIO is Right.....
Most dont have a clue, Why do some of you ppl just sit on corners??? Are you really that stupid?????

Get the heck out of the corner & out of the middle of the trail w/ your kids & the big group , move your/ beer swilling drunk *** off the trail, moms, dads, ect ect, you ppl think you can jump on a quad & ride like a pro w/ a few beers in ya... U are so wrong.....not saying im a trail guru, I make mistakes, but I dont drink at all when i ride...& if I had kids thay would NOT be in the middle of the trail when we are taking a break, Keep A eye out for YOUR KIDS & There is NO place for anyone in this sport to think thay can drink & ride...EVER

Butcher...

Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

WARNING just to let every one know that is interested in riding atvs north of black river falls . we had a family reunion in the area we rented a large house in the area it was great we brought 5 -4 wheelers to ride the trails and gave our family members all a chance to ride. all was going great till the weather turned bad to the north and my weather radio said to take cover . we found a road that took us to the closest shelter. Dep. Steven Struensee was there so we pulled up to talk to the Dep. Sheriff. all he could tell us that we couldnt ride on that road and we explaned to him about the situation to take cover the best way we could. he told us that the law is the law and we broke the law. and wrote us a $200 ticket. he had no respect for us at all. after spending over 8 thousand dollars in the black river area for our family reunion. bought all the trail passes and tried to do everything right . and to have a Dep. Sheriff ruin our whole reunion under a emergency situation to get to shelter. i am sorry to say we will NOT be coming back and will let many people know of our expriance.
thanks
paul erickson