Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anthracite pictures 06-12-09

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious about something and hope you guys can help. I went to Everytrail to try to get a few coordinates loaded into my GPS. When I click on a picture a Google Earth pic is on the right with coordinates below however they will not enter in my GPS. For example the lofty tunnel says N 40.8661 but my Garmin will not take a 40.8 number. 40.5 is the highest it will go. Have you seen this? Anyway around it? Thanks guys!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

The coordinates for the lofty tunnel are 40 52 14.446N 76 01 5952W.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for that, but that now shows me that I am back to not knowing how to get coordinates from everytrail or Google Earth. The coordinates that show under each pic on every trail must be some sort of proprietary thing. I moved my cursor over what I thought was the correct area which gives you coordinates below the google earth map. I used these today and they were wrong. Maybe you guys can help me out with a few things. Here are the coordinates I would like. If you someone would be willing to share I would greatly appreciate it

Black Desert
Castle
Telegraph falls
Wind Turbines
Anything else you recommend?

Also, I use a Garmin etrex Vista HCx and when I enter coordinates it only goes to 3 places after the dot. For example N 40.42.652. I guess that is close enough.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Slyder01
I think i know where that parking is, i believe there is a place off valley road. We're meeting other people off burma. Thanx for the coordinates.

okay kfp673, maybe we'll catch up with ya, if not, a have a safe ride
Sorry we missed you Slyder. We tried to catch you at the pub in the morning but did not get there until 9:45. Sometimes that place takes for ever to get served so I thought I might catch you. We ended up just parking there and riding out by Swatara falls. Keep us up to date of your rides if you are ever interested in more riders and we will definitely catch up some time. I ride all year long! I hope you guys had a good ride! We did about 50 miles and found some great trails.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

i didnt make it to the pub... A friends trailer tire went flat and we had to change it so we just went straight to the parking lot. we rode 56 miles, a guy burned his clutch up on a hill and i broke a lower a-arm on the rear, it was just one tube so i was still able to ride it back.

Attached Thumbnails Anthracite pictures 06-12-09-dsc01098.jpg   Anthracite pictures 06-12-09-dsc01114.jpg   Anthracite pictures 06-12-09-dsc01131.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by kfp673
Thanks for that, but that now shows me that I am back to not knowing how to get coordinates from everytrail or Google Earth. The coordinates that show under each pic on every trail must be some sort of proprietary thing. I moved my cursor over what I thought was the correct area which gives you coordinates below the google earth map. I used these today and they were wrong. Maybe you guys can help me out with a few things. Here are the coordinates I would like. If you someone would be willing to share I would greatly appreciate it

Black Desert
Castle
Telegraph falls
Wind Turbines
Anything else you recommend?

Also, I use a Garmin etrex Vista HCx and when I enter coordinates it only goes to 3 places after the dot. For example N 40.42.652. I guess that is close enough.

Thanks for your help!
I missed this about your coordinates, for some reason this site has been giving me some problems.
Anyway, to answer your Q... Google earth has their coordintes in degrees,minutes and seconds, and your gps is not set to that type of coordintes. You need to go into your settings in your gps unit and change it. There are three types of gps coordinates, i'm not sure why, i guess it's too hard just to standerize one thing. You can google understanding coordinates to get a feel on what they mean an

Old 11-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

A group of us(a few rhinos and couple quads) are heading up towards st clair for some riding tomorrow. We normally park at the walmart in st clair and ride from there.

This trip we are looking to go more over on the burma side and head towards the 901 pub if possible. Ive found the map on everytrail that leaves from burma and heads over there, but it looks like alot of road, parking lot, and possibly yard crossings? Is there anything to be concerned or worried about if taking that route?

And lastly, is there a spot to Safely park at or close to the 901 pub and leave from there? And if so is the parking window permit needed in the area? Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Justin
jrspawn@aol.com
302-750-0039

Old 11-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Trailblazer

If you continue to follow 61 North about 1/2 mile past Walmart I believe it is called Dark water road comes in on the left. Make a left there and go up about 1 mile and there are a few coal roads that branch off. You can pull off there and park. It is RAC property so I would have the window paper.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Slyder01
I missed this about your coordinates, for some reason this site has been giving me some problems.
Anyway, to answer your Q... Google earth has their coordintes in degrees,minutes and seconds, and your gps is not set to that type of coordintes. You need to go into your settings in your gps unit and change it. There are three types of gps coordinates, i'm not sure why, i guess it's too hard just to standerize one thing. You can google understanding coordinates to get a feel on what they mean an
Thanks for the reply. I will give that a shot! I was tempted to go back riding again today but I guess I should spend at least a little time with the family

Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Im going back out there Thursday to ride,get it in while i can.

Quick Reply: Anthracite pictures 06-12-09