Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 04:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all!! My name is Chris and I'm a founding member of the Mud Divers ATV club. We are scheduling an ATV ride in Danbury, WI on Sunday, April 1st and we would like to meet up with anybody who's interested in going. We're from the Hastings/Red Wing, MN area. Interested?? Contact me at the following address:
chris@startech-comp.com.

Old 02-18-2001, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

fruitjacket,sounds like fun. You'd better check with the Danbury's club first. The reason being I think the trails will be closed. All trails in Wis. normally close for spring dry out till around Memorial day weekend. You could try emailing the Turf-n-Tundra club they are out of Danbury and have a link on the clubs page of atv connection. If you can find some trails open somwhere I'd be interested in tagging along.

Old 02-18-2001, 03:23 PM
Range Rover

MNxlporer,
Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering about that, but according to the state designed map, ATV's are open on April 1st. I guess I better dig a little more. Thanks again and if it's still a go, I'll drop you a line. Pine City... R U down towards the Rochester way, or north up by North Branch, etc.?

Old 02-18-2001, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

fruitjacket, I'm about 12 South of Hinckley on 35. You are right they do say April 1st! But, Wis is also known for not opening if it is too wet or dry. You guys aren't planning on go mudding out of Danbury are you? Wis. passed some new laws last fall making it a big time fine to leave the trail, they also banned all aftermarket exhaust systems! Don't get me wrong Danbury is one of my favorite places to ride out of , guess I'll get used to yanking the pipe on and off the Xplorer. If they are closed I'd suggest Nemadji State forest. There YOU WILL GET MUDDY! and it will be open. I'm definaitly interested in going on your little adventure so keep me posted! Are you going to the Spring ATVAM convention?

Old 02-19-2001, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, just thought you would be interested in a magazine I got given to me by a friend. The name of it is Terrain Tracks, never found it in a store, the phone number is (920)446-3207. this magazine has ALL the atv trails in Wisconsin listed. They send them out once a year in March. I think the cost is $4.50

Old 02-19-2001, 10:38 AM
Range Rover

Thanks Guy!
I will contact them. Do you have plans for your first ride of the year yet???

Old 02-19-2001, 10:42 AM
Range Rover

MNExplorer Guy,

Checked out your website last night. You boys like your mud, too.J
Where about’s is the Nemadji state forest at?
I know right where you are. I used to date a girl years ago, from Finlayson.
Do you have quite a few people you normally ride with??
We’re always looking for someplace new to check out, and I’ve heard a lot about Nemadji, but I don’t know where it is.
When/Where is the Spring Meeting??

Trending Topics

Old 02-19-2001, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

fruitjacket, Nemadji is about 15-20 miles east of the Finlayson/Askov exit of 35 on hwy 23. We normaly ride out of the Nickerson Bar parking lot. It would be pretty close to the same driving distance for you guys, assuming you where planning on heading up 35.
Judging by your other post you have found the ATVAM site. The spring convention is in ISLE mn on Mil-Lacs lake. The video clips on my web sight are from the fall convention. There are to nice holes in the local ridding area(red top) and some nice trails. This time we are planning to just hang out at sinkhole and watch them do just that. People tend to do stupid things in front of a 100 or so of there peers. Last fall there was a guy using beer and Pepsi to try and clean out his air filter after sinking his AC 500 with under 100 miles on it. He got it running and whent for it again! The convention is May 4,5&6.

Old 02-20-2001, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will have to check with some of my riding friends to see what is being planed this year. April first sounds like it might be doable. Please keep me informed as to the plans, my e-mail is dmnjr@g2a.net

Old 02-20-2001, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Actually the real reason is that anti's want 4wheelers closed down in Wis.
Our club has heard every excuse for the April 1st-Mem.Day closings.
1.Its too wet,we will make ruts...yet logging trucks and every other form of recreation is allowed.
2 Its too dry...a fire hazard..seems reasonable untill you hear chain saws and see the Dnr burning brush.Logging continues.
3.The wild life need time for their young to be born in peace and quiet.A Dnr offical really said this..anyone have scientific proof to back this up? There has been studies showing a hiker out with his dog does more to disturb wildlife!
4.$$$... probably the real reason...with the fising opener,the DNR doesn't have the resources to patrol the trails.I told the DNR if that's the case maybe we could have a 2 month REFUND on our permits.No humor!!
I have been told the Dnr will start cacking down this year ...it seems they could find enough personal for this.
It seems for every consession we make it's never enough to satisfy those who don't want 4 wheelrs' period!
Sorry to ramble but this issue made me join the Blue Ribbion Coalition...and I've been fighting "it" for3 years now!!
Ride safe!!